1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Calisthenics thread!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by immortal5, Jun 8, 2017.

1. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Noticed there wasn't anything here on calisthenics, lets have a thread on this.

2. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I recommend jumping jacks. That's what I do in the gym.

3. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

So who here does some form of calisthenics? anyone here do weighted calisthenics?

4. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Jumping jacks are alright but dont do them tbh, my legs training mainly consists of flexibility, lots of splits, kicks, and weighted kicks.

5. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

What else do you do at the gym brah? Any pull ups or pushups? Weightlifting gets boring after the second year tbh

6. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I do push ups but I hate them. I still do them because I believe they are good for the body.

I also do weights but mostly weight machines. I'm not trying to build muscle, I just want to stay normal and maintained.

I do the stair master step excercise from time to time but I hate doing it. The reason why I do it is in case if I return to the Grand Canyon. You need really strong legs and tolerance for survival.

For pleasure, I love to simply ride a bike.

7. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

And of course, the tread mill is my staple

8. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

What type of pushups? Tbh I hate training legs, waste of time and energy.

9. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Anyone here who can do a one handed 1 finger pushup? or 2 fingers? or even a one hand? Theres gotta be some calisthenics brahs somewhere around here

10. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I also try to eat high fiber foods. It helps to prevent getting fat.

11. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Just normal type

12. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Oh, their alright, its been forever since I've done them though. Have you tried fasting?

13. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

No supposedly fasting will slow your metabolism and increase your chance of getting fat.

14. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Dont believe in that tbh, Literally fasted nearly everyday for over a year and abs shows whether I tense or not. To be fair though I had abs from a young age and never lost it.

15. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Every person is different. Also, it can depend on what kind of fasting. Fasting can be a different definition for each person.

People who train for the Olympics usually do not fast. They eat many small meals. Many small meals boost the metabolism and it make the body faster at burning calories.

16. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Anyways brah, you Gotta learn them 1 arm push ups, their a lot funner then normal pushups and youll never look back

17. I can do one-arm pushups and two finger pushups. As well as two finger pullups.

I am a big calisthenics guy. I never use weights.

immortal5 likes this.
  18. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

Physiotherapy for a dislocated shoulder will have me doing push ups and pull ups. That's someway off though since I can hardly lift my arm, hold a cup, open a door handle etc.

immortal5 likes this.
  19. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Oh srs, respect, try doing them with legs touching each other, makes it so much harder. Oh and do you also do one arm clap pushups? if not would recommend them or doing the one arm switch thingy that rocky does.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
  20. immortal5

immortal5 Guest

Good luck bro, take it easy