Dealing with social arkwardness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kroon007, Feb 8, 2017.

1. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

I think iam the most social arkwardperson in my class...although my friends try to help me a lot by getting me involved and stuff but iam always scarded to do foolish stuff like yelling hooting pranking and teasing..I suck at conversation , expecial with girls

Here was one coversation with a girl:
    me:How was the test today.
    her:It was okay.
    me:{nods my head and walk away}

maybe it was the way i was brought. All my frineds go out at night, they have fun run across streets, but my parents never let me. My frinds go in tacies after extra classes..but my parent ensists they take me by car (iam 16). I love my parents tho. Its just that i never fit in...

Please help me get rid of shyness and social arkwarness. Also i never have any interesting thing to talk about...i guess my personalty level is 0 :(

2. I'll try to help you who has been in the same boat as you before, first try to talk to those who you are not attracted to or maybe let's say those girls you see as "average". Try to see them as the same way how you see your male friends but of course not in a manner that you would talk about things that are only "funny" when it comes to guys. It worked for me, I used to be very nervous around girls so I started talking to those I find "average" first and then work my way up. Of course I'm not completely gone from that awkwardness. Hell to tell ya', I have a huge crush on some girl and it has been almost a year since I had a thing with her but don't have the chance to talk to her (maybe last semester, I have 100% chance) cos she doesn't attend the same classes as me.

If the situations start becoming awkward, try something to avoid that from happening like change the topic to something else or just smile but NEVER DO those things like you have mentioned {nods my head and walk away} because it will actually just make the situation worse.

Grow_out_of_it and kroon007 like this.
  3. silenteagle

silenteagle Fapstronaut

@Coong is right.You need to start small and then slowly climb up the ladder.Remember,you just need a few seconds of pure courage and madness!

Grow_out_of_it and kroon007 like this.
  4. Yep. It's not really as bad as you think, OP. Don't forget that they are humans too, they poop too. (Use that as motivation that they aren't different to you)

kroon007 likes this.
  5. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

Yes Thankyou for your advise.
    Hope you have the best of luck with your crush even i have a crush in my class but i never has the guts to talk to her but one day i will!!

6. kroon007

kroon007 Fapstronaut

thx man

7. xDayn

xDayn Fapstronaut

8. BrendanP

BrendanP Fapstronaut

Well look at me i have Asd and have social anxiety means shyness.. look aon the bright side atleast you have friends

9. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Fapstronaut

It's only akward because you feel akward. Also better say 1 word too much that 1 word too few.

For example you could have said 'cool' with a smile and gone ahead in the example you gave.