1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kriss93, Jan 8, 2017.

1. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

What do you think, if someone ever suffered from gender identity crisis, is that possible to cure it completely just like the individual never had it before, or it leaves permanent changes in the brain and the crisis will come back from time to time?

D . J . likes this.
  2. Jesum9

Jesum9 Guest

I believe that's more of a question for a psychiatrist or therapist. Depends what the person wants for themselves.

3. FredJim

FredJim Fapstronaut

Gender is confusing for everyone and for some more than others.
    But I am a firm believer that nobody truly knows their gender and that it is always changing on some level.
    Therefore, yes, anybody can have a "gender identity crisis" at any point in their life.
    Just depends on whether you see questioning your gender as a bad thing or not. It can be a good thing and still very distressing.

kriss93 likes this.
  4. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

Ok i hope you are right man. Then, what do you say about late-onset transsexualism? (When somebody USED TO Enjoy to Live as his/her birth gender but with time when he/she is an adolescent he/she feels that his/her mind want to convince him/her that he/she wants to Live the rest of his/her life as a member of the opposite sex)

5. FredJim

FredJim Fapstronaut

Again, gender (like sexuality) is always changing but most people don't feel like they are the absolute opposite sex. Many people WILL experience some kind of feeling that they do not entirely match up to their gender. This is because so much of gender is about unattainable "norms".
    So yes I'd say what you describe is totes possible.

kriss93 likes this.