Why it's possible to do a NoFap streak for years/forever

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Alex Bee, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Alex Bee

Alex Bee Fapstronaut

When you were a child, you were fascinated with all the new and little things in life. You always had sexual desires ever since you were a little kid, it didn't really cross your mind or seem that important. You enjoyed other things in life for what it is. Like going to the park and playing sports, reading in class, hanging out with your friends, or talking to the opposite sex.

A lot of men started masturbating at 8. You were on a NoFap streak for 8 years ever since you were born into this world. You know damn well you can do it again.

People think the "Masturbation Demon" is just a natural drug craving ghost that'll stick with you forever. That you are inevitably going to fap again, even if you make it 300 days. That is not true.

I can confidently say that this NoFap journey is going to be infinite, and I'm right. Whatever you put your mindset to, you're correct.

Tip: Take it one second, minute, hour, day at a time. I did do 122 days of NoFap, but I only just did 1 day. Keep that mindset, and you will be surprised how far you can go through in this.

Treat everyday like it is Day 1.

2. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

I feel like this is a very good tip.

Denzel889 and Alex Bee like this.
  3. Alex Bee

Alex Bee Fapstronaut

Keeps you in the present moment, without trying to anticipate the numbers of days that are well far ahead of you.

I made this mistake, I wanted to get 90 days so close when I was only 2 days in the journey. I have lost motivation, and selfishly PMO'd for no good reason. Numbers are arbitrary, now look where I am. :)

Dizzy Lotus and Keys like this.
  4. FreedomGoal

FreedomGoal Fapstronaut

I really love these inspiring words. I really agree with everything you said. Thanks for the awesome motivation boost!

5. badeae1

badeae1 Fapstronaut

Nice post mate. The counter surely doesn't let you grow if you keep focused on it so much. You forget that you have a life worth living. Make the days count.

Stay clean

Don Gately and vibemaker like this.
  6. Harry Maclad

Harry Maclad Fapstronaut

Thanks for the motivation. I started M when I was 13 so I had a NoFap streak of 13 years. This is a great idea and really motivation and I am glad you said that. Also you said that treat every day like it's day one. So should I stop loging how many days I abstrained from M when I write my log.

Elemental Silver likes this.
  7. Joshua 1:9

Joshua 1:9 New Fapstronaut

8. Sleeping_Beauty

Sleeping_Beauty Fapstronaut

Good tip.

Keys likes this.
  9. Keys

Keys Fapstronaut

Right on , I have been in AA for many years can only do it one day at a time make it so much easier it is a journey there is no arrival

Don Gately and Elemental Silver like this.
  10. Amazing post. So true.

Keys likes this.
  11. Don Gately

Don Gately Fapstronaut

The hard part is remembering that it's day one!

Elemental Silver likes this.
  12. You don't even need to do that.
    You can simply say to yourself something like "I will not PMO today. I am just focussed on today, not tomorrow or yesterday. Today is the only day that I have control over".

pPalluD and peraaclom like this.
  13. pPalluD

pPalluD New Fapstronaut

I'm literally on Day 1 today...
    I'm so glad to read this post, it's exactly the simple truth I needed to keep pushing through today
    I'll work on tomorrow, tomorrow
    And I'll remember this advice, this truth, tomorrow as well
    But for now, I'm focused on my goal for today... staying PMO free

badeae1 and Don Gately like this.
  14. Keys

Keys Fapstronaut

Welcome. Congratulations on your day one ,stick around a lot of great help and information here to help you on your journey

pPalluD likes this.
  15. Don Gately

Don Gately Fapstronaut

Also kind of reminds me of this Bible verse:

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

Regardless of belief in God, I think most people would agree that temptations aren't unique, and each one of us can find an escape if we are determined to do it.

LPGuy13 likes this.