1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting first job journey/advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by a3a, Nov 26, 2016.

1. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

About to walk in and destroy this interview.

2. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

I did it. They asked 3 questions and all of them were situational questions. Tell me about a time when.....

I think I did well and I am just glad I did it in first place. Showing up is the most important part. She said that there was 2 more people this week she had to interview and said she would call me back if I get it.

I probably seemed nervous in the interview but, I think that's pretty normal.

Low likes this.
  3. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Applied to moes yesterday.

And, they texted me today to come in for a interview on Thursday!

4. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Got the interview tomorrow prepared myself with a few questions but, I think I am just going to try and be myself for most of it.

My dad says that's what I should do and I am going to do just that. May even do a soothing meditation before hand.

Warrior Within likes this.
  5. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Anyone have any advice before I go over there today? I am a little nervous.

6. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Just did the interview. It went pretty good I'd say. It was a group interview with another applicant. I acted like myself and I was made eye contact the entire time.

I will know by Saturdays whether I got the job or not.

Low likes this.
  7. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Didn't get the job. Just means I gotta keep going.

Chrishandsoff likes this.
  8. dnice2012

dnice2012 Fapstronaut

Advice ? , the pain that you will obtain(sadly) will make you stronger , and by giving your best service to the company and to the customer you will grow as a person .

It will be hard in the beginning because the mind has not adapted yet , but over the months the brain SLOWLY adapts to any stress it is given . So If the people give you shit think of it as a exercise that will toughen your mind .

My best advice is have endurance because any situation you put your self to will make you stronger.

If the customer gives you problems or if the employees , managers give you problems , be happy and actually ask for more and count it as a rep , the more reps you do the tougher you will become .

9. Chrishandsoff

Chrishandsoff Fapstronaut

Got anything new going on on the job front?

10. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Nope, just been applying everyday nothing yet

11. Chrishandsoff

Don't just limit yourself to fast food etc. Is there something you really like that you could see yourself doing happily in the future? If so, no matter that you are 16, try to find a job within that realm. I wish I had listened to my grandfather when I was younger when he used to tell me to "find a job you love doing, and you'll never work a day in your life". Man was he right. I have a good friend who loved sports, everything about sports, but he was never a great player in any of them. When he was a sophomore in high school he went to the offices of one of our local sports franchises (after months of saying he was too unsure to do it) and asked if they had a job for him as he really wanted to somehow be involved in the business of sports. They gave him a minimum wage job as an intern of sorts (filing, making copies and all sorts of "menial" tasks). He loved doing just because he loved the atmosphere and it prompted him to go to college for sports management (which the employer matched funds on this college programs). He is now well on his way to his goal of someday being a general manager of a sports franchise. Best part for him is that he LOVES what he does every day. You're never too young to think about what you may really like to be - and pursue it.

12. Chrishandsoff

Also, how has the PMO battle been going for you?

13. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

I will think about that thanks for the great advice.

Not so well.

well, and here.

14. Honesty wins the day. If you're asked about something you don't know, be honest about it but follow up with a positive: "I don't have any experience with (XYZ), but I'm a fast learner and I catch on quickly". Also, it's a really good idea to have questions ready about the job. It shows the employer that you've researched the position and you're interested enough in the job to have done your homework. Once your interview introduces themselves, use their name back. "Thank you Mr./Mrs XYZ for the opportunity". It shows that you pay attention, people tend to pick up on it when they hear their name.

I've had to interview many people where I work, and I can tell you that the people that seem disinterested, have no questions, or give off the vibe that they're just filling in the time leaves me with a bad impression.

15. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Yeah I've done 2 interviews so far and I've learned so much. My 2nd was good and I learned a lot. But, I avoided some questions and I should've done more research .

16. Each interview is experience you can use for the next one. Getting rejected for a job is still progress, even though it doesn't feel like it. You'll gain more and more confidence as you go :)

17. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

Thanks so much this advice is so valuable and I'm grateful.

18. You're welcome! I'm looking forward to watching how this turns out for you. You got this!

19. a3a

a3a Fapstronaut

I've applied to every place I wanted to in the last month or so.

I am removing "job related task" out of my daily disciplines which was to apply to one job a day.

Now, it's just a waiting game.

20. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Don't worry, employers won't eat you..