1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Wrong ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by I Free I, Nov 5, 2016.

1. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I would like to share this with y'all since I don't always want to listen to my own advice and I feel like I can use other people's insights. I am the youngest out of 6 children, 10 years or more apart from age difference out of all of them... I am close to the oldest which is my sister but the second oldest I am very distant with... she is my other sister. ever since I was a kid she always made me feel like an outcast or black sheep, didn't talk to me much so as I got older, I thought something was wrong with me and I did the same thing she did... wouldn't talk to her much either. Now that I'm a little older, I avoid her at all costs and I feel she notices it... she now goes out of her way to try to talk to me or try to stand around me but I push her away [not physically]... To me I see it as now that I'm older,wiser,becoming more of a man (NoFap is working wonders right now, I must say) that now you want to conversate with your baby brother, right ? it just doesn't work that way with me. Am I Wrong ?

Denzel889 and The |E|volutionary like this.
  2. The |E|volutionary

The |E|volutionary Fapstronaut

Why do you care about what strangers on a random forum think? This concerns you and your sister(s), not us. So don't worry about what WE think about your personal dynamic. Why? We don't know shit. For all you future posters: No. You don't know shit. Neither do I. Not when it comes to OP's life and situation. Only HE knows. Personally, I would say you're in the right, but again, don't worry about what I say. What does Freeee's heart and mind say? His soul say? THAT will determine rightness or wrongness. Not us.

lordram17 and I Free I like this.
  3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I understand what you are saying... but I'm looking for some insight, not an answer. Only I can determine what is right or wrong but a little push on perception wouldn't do any harm... in fact , if someone were to give me an opinion on this situation, I don't have to listen to what they say but just hearing them out might help me decide whether "I" think I am ultimately right or wrong. I do appreciate your words though, thank you .

4. The |E|volutionary

I have a similar dynamic with my adoptive siblings. Like you, they treat me like I'm some kind of closet freak Frakenstein, especially when they're around their friends. Even my adoptive guardian did it at one point when a sibling had one of her trollop friends over. I was told to go to my room because "[sibling] doesn't want her friend to see you". Of course, she denies saying this when I call her out for it, especially around other people. The 'family' I'm talking about is one of narcissists, but that's another topic.

To answer you: I'd say you, at least, distance yourself from her. However, she might be trying to make up for her treatment of you in past years and forge some kind of healthy relationship. Maybe see what her motive is? Obviously, if it's self-serving or disingenuous, next her.

vibemaker and I Free I like this.
  5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

This is what makes "us", "us". I appreciate you sharing that with me and just know that the only approval you need is from within. You matter more than the people that say you don't... everyone matters. Namaste . [​IMG]

6. It's not shared blood or genes what makes people brothers and sisters. Or family in general. By what you are saying it sounds to me that she wasn't your sister and isn't now. Maybe she wants to be. Ask yourself weather you want to change that. Is there any point for it now? What would that give you and can't you get it somewhere else?

I never build any connection with some of my relatives as a kid cos they just didn't seem to want. And now I don't really care, they are strangers to me. If somebody of them would want to build some connection I would not refuse. But at the same time I'm sure it would not go much further than maybe high acquaintanceship level at most. I would treat them like any stranger and would give the equal chance. The fact that we share same bloodline doesn't really mean anything to me.

But at the same time I don't think it's good to keep resentment in yourself and reject somebody simply because of that. We all change with time. I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago, yet alone 10 years ago when I was just a "little" kid. So the person that treated you that way back then might be long dead.

7. Thug Life

Thug Life Guest

Evaluate your own progress and ditch what doesn't work. If keeping your distance feels like the healthy move right now then do it. If you're not doing it for your own self-care then you're still giving her power over you.

8. I Free I

I Free I Guest

The Truth .

9. Denzel889

Denzel889 Fapstronaut

Listen to your heart my friend. Be brave and be honest to yourself. Talk to her and see what her reaction might be. You have to confront your problems instead of escaping from them. Believe in yourself and everything will be alright. I think your sister is a good person in her heart but she expresses it in a weird way (my opinion). Make a test and try to talk with her about all your fears and feelings. If you can do 78 days without pmo you can also do this. And yup NoFap makes miracles. And always remember you're not alone.

10. I Free I

I Free I Guest

My friend, your very much appreciated ! thank you for the kind words and great insight. You are right, we are not alone... self growth is always the ultimate goal .[​IMG]

Denzel889 and Sleeping_Beauty like this.
  11. Joseph92

Joseph92 Fapstronaut

I think you should talk to her.

People mature. Maybe she regrets treating you badly. Maybe she never understood how she made you feel. A lot of teenagers are caught up in their own world, and their priorities change after they become adults.

Ultimately, there is no right or wrong in this situation. You aren't obligated to have a close relationship with her. But ten years from now, you might regret pushing her away.

I Free I likes this.
  12. You're holding yourself and that person prisoner when you don't forgive. How can God forgive you if you can't forgive others? Matt. 6:15
    But at the same time.. Let go of anything that's toxic in your life. Friendships, relationships, family members, negativity, food, anything that drains you. And always trust your instincts. Btw good job on that streak bruh

I Free I likes this.
  13. Don Gately

Don Gately Fapstronaut

We only get so many people in our lives who will make an effort to connect. I totally get where you're coming from, and it can be really painful to feel like someone who we naturally think should have cared didn't. But I really think the high road is to be kind and accept her efforts to be good, even though she wasn't that way before. I think some day we'll all look back and realize that every person that tried to be kind to us is priceless, even if they're awkward or inconsistent at it. I don't think it will hurt you to be gracious. It might be really helpful.

I Free I likes this.
  14. The |E|volutionary

I have a similar dynamic with my adoptive siblings. Like you, they treat me like I'm some kind of closet freak Frakenstein, especially when they're around their friends. Even my adoptive guardian did it at one point when a sibling had one of her trollop friends over. I was told to go to my room because "[sibling] doesn't want her friend to see you". Of course, she denies saying this when I call her out for it, especially around other people. The 'family' I'm talking about is one of narcissists, but that's another topic.

To answer you: I'd say you, at least, distance yourself from her. However, she might be trying to make up for her treatment of you in past years and forge some kind of healthy relationship. Maybe see what her motive is? Obviously, if it's self-serving or disingenuous, next her.

I Free I likes this.
  15. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Your definitely right about the forgiveness aspect of it... I really appreciate your words .