1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaining some weight finally?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bunny Bon, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bunny Bon

Bunny Bon Fapstronaut

Hello there.

This thread is to seek information from you guys on gaining weight.
    I'm 22 and I've lost quite some weight in the last year. I am still a gymnast and I have a very good fitness. I have been worrying about not being able to gain weight after trying literally everything that I could.
    But I'm on Day 5 of NoFap and I just scaled myself up again. I weight 1 kg more than I used to 5 days ago. Is this possible that it's because of nofap?
    I need people to share there experiences as well.

2. Joshua 1:9

Joshua 1:9 New Fapstronaut

I've been trying to gain weight for a while now. I'm starting to go on the gomad diet. That's a gallon of milk a day. Do some research on it. People have reported gaining 25 pounds in a month. I'm going to start with 2 litres a day and work up from there. Good luck. As for gaining weight from nofap I'm not sure.

3. Bunny Bon

Bunny Bon Fapstronaut

Haha. I wish I could do that but I'm lactose intolerant. I don't drink much milk but I really like it

4. Joseph92

Joseph92 Fapstronaut

I doubt it. Weight gain/loss is basically about the number of calories you eat, and number of calories you burn. I don't see how NoFap would significantly change either one.

If you want to gain weight, you just need discipline in eating a lot of calories.

1) Pick your favorite high-calorie foods
    2) Calculate your TDEE (if you don't know what TDEE, google it)
    3) Eat enough of your favorite high-calorie foods, so that your daily calories consumed always exceeds your TDEE

Fatty meat, fruit juice, pasta, always worked for me. That and candy.

It's a lot easier if you are willing to eat junk food. But that's not a good idea.

Bunny Bon and JesusGreen like this.
  5. ^ Just wanted to post to give a +1 to Joseph's comment. As he said, weight gain or weight loss is a simple matter of calories in vs calories out. If you're eating more calories than your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) you're going to gain weight. If you're eating less than it, you're going to lose weight. If you're eating about the same as it, your weight will stay roughly the same.

There's also water weight. Water weight fluctuates wildly throughout the day. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning, then right after dinner, and you'll find you'll weigh anywhere from 0.25kg to like 3-4kg heavier (depending on your size) after dinner. Why? Water weight. First thing in the morning your body has become dehydrated, and so the figure you get weighing yourself in the morning is the most accurate. Always weigh yourself in the morning, and also don't worry about day to day fluctuations in weight.

You can be gaining weight but your number on the scale can go down due to changes in water weight, or vice versa. So simply weigh yourself each morning, and average out those numbers each week. Aim to gain about 0.5-1lbs per week for a nice steady gain in weight - if you couple the proper nutrition with some exercise or weight training, you can even ensure that some of that gain is muscle rather than fat. :)

Bunny Bon likes this.
  6. Bunny Bon

Bunny Bon Fapstronaut

He
    Hey, first of all thanks for taking out time for commenting.
    And, I've tried eating a lot over months and it didt not do anything with me. I used to have a perfect physique but not I don't.
    I don't know what's wrong but I will surely search and try what you're saying.