15 years...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Dolamon23, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Dolamon23

Dolamon23 Fapstronaut

That's how long I've been a regular masterbator. I have gotten to where I masterbate 2-3 times a day and can not sleep unless I have an orgasm.

I have been single for 7 years and have never had sex. I have become increasingly lonely and realize that it is time for a change. I need to know that I am not alone and that this road has been travelled before. (Especially the not being able to sleep part.)

Can anybody give me advice on abstaining late at night and
    give me some reasons why I might even want to?

2. pdr_esmolbra

pdr_esmolbra Fapstronaut

Hey man,

I knooow! This last two weeks, I have found it so hard to not masturbate when I am sleeping! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and reboot, it SUCKS!

What has seemed to help is to try to meditate for 10 minutes before going to bed. Try to watch your heart beat and your breathing, try to completely relax and slow down your breathing... read about meditation online (this a good site: http://learnmeditationonline.org/elearning/course/index)

I also try to lie in bed and just focus on my breathing without touching any other part of my body at all until I fall asleep. I feel REALLY recharged next morning when I do that.

Another thing that helps to sleep is warm milk in general. Lastly, if you are stressed about exams or something, just write out your stress things on a paper and then they come off your head it's awesome.

They say people that wake up earlier (don't stay up) are more organized, and they actually get better marks look it up!
    They also get more done

Cheers,
    Pedro

3. Dolamon23

Dolamon23 Fapstronaut

Thanks Pedro! Tried meditating last night and I got to sleep eventually! I still woke up in the middle of the night last night and had to reboot, but I still count it as a success.

4. pdr_esmolbra

pdr_esmolbra Fapstronaut

Hey Dolamon,

Good to hear that! Rewiring one's brain is not easy, and small victories like that are the ones that make the difference eventually.
    I have also tried yoga apps in android, do you have a smart phone? I have tried Daily Yoga and Pocket Yoga after the routines I feel so relaxed that it's very easy to meditate and sleep... if one day you feel meditation is not cutting it, yoga might do the trick too.

Let's keep sharing our experiences... what are your goals?

All the best man, stay strong!

Pedro

5. Dolamon23

Dolamon23 Fapstronaut

My goal is to be completely independent of my habits and fantasies and learn how to have a healthy relationship with a real woman. Also, I'm quitting cigarettes... Lol.

I'm hoping to become a new man: a real one.