I'm basically new but hi again!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Firose, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Firose

Firose Fapstronaut

yea I've been here before but I gave up. I'm back now so I figured that could qualify as new, I guess?

Anyway, I'm an 18 year old who struggled with this for 6 years now. I'm a huge video game nerd and I'm interested in becoming a robotics engineer. I'm still in highschool but I'll graduate with like 50 college credits through the magic of duel enrollment.

So yeah. Nice to meet y'all.

2. Don Joe

Don Joe Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ah senior year? Well that's awesome cause you're going to have much greater things going on than PMO! I saw your journal btw and look forward to see you succeed!

Glad to have you back in the community!

Question: you code?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  3. Firose

Firose Fapstronaut

I do code a bit. Ive taken a class on Python and I'm currently in comp sci 160, which is Java. Ive also done a tiny bit of C++ for our robotics team.

4. Don Joe

Don Joe Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Dope man. FIRST team?

5. Firose

Firose Fapstronaut

Yea, actually. I'm one of the two primary CADers. You?

6. Don Joe

Don Joe Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

@Firose I used to be on a FIRST team. Did mainly outreach and manufacturing because our team was so large (80+). I'm a 2nd year CS major now. I never coded for the robot but did my own coding projects.

7. It's nice to meet you too, you sound like an awesome dude. One of my friends wants to be an electrical engineer, he told me how he spent 2-3 hours looking through code to find one little problem. I have know idea how that works so when he told me I was blown away lol. I love my fair share of video games as well, in a way I have to be careful when I play now because I usually fall back on PM after I complete a quest or mission.

8. Firose

Firose Fapstronaut

Yea, our team is so small (25 or so) that everyone HAS to be working on the bot to get it ready in time. Tbh, I love that aspect of the team.

9. Firose

Firose Fapstronaut

Yea code is interesting. I'm starting to learn to love it but there are times where you just don't know why something isn't working.

Dude, that sucks. What kinds of games do you like to play though?