Not being mad at yourself

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Thanks to nofap I acquired a lot of selfconfidence.
    Finally, after years and years of being frustrated at myself due to pmo or failures I am at ease with myself and not mad anymore. This is so relaxing feeling :rolleyes:

PotentLife likes this.
  2. Don Joe

Don Joe Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Glad to hear!
    I also experienced a similar state of mind when I recently relapsed. Even when I relapsed, I didn't PMO like I used to (social media being creepy, fuck me right?). I was proud that although I seemed to crave it, it didn't feel good. And although I'm a bit disappointed for relapsing, I learned about myself.

Congrats on coming this far!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Yeah I'm also discovering aspects of myself through the forums and come to think of it I'm always relaxed on here too lol. Yeah every day people are fighting there own battles and we never really stop to see how strong we are.

4. Yeah man, nofap is a little bit of growing up.You begin to learn about the missing parts in your life and about your potential.

5. Panja

Panja Fapstronaut

Few lively stories on self-hate...

6. six

six Fapstronaut

This is something I worked on with my therapist. It turns out there ware numerous incidents of self-hate going on throughout every day. Many of them were sort of subconscious, and did not realize I was doing it until I started looking out for it. I realized that much of the worry that I frequently experienced could really be broken down to a form of self-attack. It's a pattern that one develops, and it becomes ingrained. There may have been various incidents that lead me to feelings of inferiority, and this behavior, but you can only spend so much time looking at the past trying to figure out why the pattern started. At a certain point you just have to look at the pattern itself, and find a way to interrupt it. My therapist described it as if there was a person inside of you (the critic), who is almost like a browbeating, belittling relative or something. At first I had a hard time visualizing this way, because my critic was so ingrained that I could not separate it. But then it started falling into place. It comes down to self respect: you wouldn't go to a friend or any other person and start telling them that they are a failure or nitpicking everything they do. Why on earth would you do it to yourself? I found that looking at it more mechanically like this really helped me to reduce doing it. You liken it to a separate person who is attacking you, when you catch them doing it, you kick them in the ass!

7. It's the subconcious mind we have to be concious about.
    I said early that I wasn't mad at myself and proud. I still am, but yesterday frustration came and the subconcious mind began to tell me I'm no good.

We just need to believe in ourself even when things aren't going our way. Have patience and time will make you who you truly are.