1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did she liked me?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Namekian23, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

This is something that has been picking at my brain for a while. Years ago, I used to really like this girl. We were friends, but in reality, I wanted more. The problem was that she never seemed to like me. She was into cocky confident guys who turned out to be assholes to her. All they ever wanted to do was to have sex with her, and that to me was pretty sad. She just wanted a guy to respect her. And of course, she never chose to be with me because she thought I was a little boring and weird at first. But our friendship improved and got much better as time went by. I never told her I liked her because I was too scared, but deep down, I knew she didn't want me.

When she left to go to Florida from New Hampshire, I still kept in contact with her through Facebook. Then there was a time where she went back to attend a friend's funeral. It was a sad moment, and I was there with her mourning our friend's death with a group of other friends. As she left, I heard she needed a ride to the airport. I thought that it would be a good idea to help her since none or our other friends couldn't do that favor for her. I got her number and texted her. Even though she was all set and even thanked me, she still kept my number until February.

Then on Valentine's Day, I got a text from her saying "Happy Valentine's Day!" I mean she could've waited until Christmas or New Year's. I'm just wondering if she was finally admitting that she like me or not. It felt unreal knowing that the girl I've liked for years is actually giving me a chance, but then again, we were too far away. I ended up not keeping her number because I didn't want her to be hurt like I was. I really liked her a lot, but I knew a friendship was more meaningful. It was the one time she may have liked me, but I didn't want her to.

When I contacted her on Facebook for her birthday, she was very defensive. I wasn't trying to touch base of how I didn't keep her number or how I rejected her at all. But she assumed that I still liked her and that I still wanted her. In the end, we still remained friends and she kept my number as I gave it to her once again; however, she wouldn't give me hers. So did she really liked me during Valentine's Day? Or was it just a friendly text? No other girl has texted that to me. And I also assumed that she knew I liked her. To this day, I still have some feelings for her, but now I know it's too late. So what do you guys think? Did she liked me or not?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    TheDancingPotato likes this.
  2. TheDancingPotato

TheDancingPotato Fapstronaut

From what I'm reading here I would say she didn't like you in a romantic way. If you spend to much time with a girl (without you or her taking any action) you will inevitably end up in the friend zone because she already knows a lot about you ( you are no mystery to her, you are a solved case). Sorry but there are much better chances to end up in a relationship with a total stranger ( or almost ) than with her.

3. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

Another "Gay Best Friend" thread...

4. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Okay what does that even mean?

5. @Namekian23 No, I don't think so. She probably was just being nice for the sake of silly fun and friendliness. You are overthinking it. Move on dude. Your mental energy is better used on girls of present and future. Past is past, it's pointless to think about things like this. Just let it rest and focus on what really matters, which is learning from past mistakes and moving forward.

6. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Yeah, you're right. I know I said it before, but I'll say it again: I really need to get over this. In fact, I have found girls in this present moment that are much more suitable to me than her. Even though we're friends, if I were to get into a relationship with her now, I would feel that it won't work out. At the same time, the girls I've encountered now are more like my type and have similar goals, personalities, and chemistry that I'd prefer. So thanks, I'll take the time to accept our friendship and move on. Her feelings towards me will never change, and I don't think I can convince her to like me any further. I guess it's time to let her go.

Deleted Account likes this.