1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can you tell if a girl is flirting or being friendly?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by BlackKnight, Jun 28, 2016.

1. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

The title explains all

2. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Fapstronaut

3. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

no offence, but it wasn't too helpful

4. VexedCoffee

VexedCoffee Fapstronaut

1.See if she's like that around other guys as well or only you.
    2. Ask her out

5. Lmao but this was unhelpful. But lmao

6. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

@swordrain, hahaha... Women... why must you ask such a complicated question.

First off... you shouldn't assume that a woman knows whether or not she is being friendly or flirting. In her mind she might be doing both or neither. She might not know if she likes you. Or, she is somewhere in between. Some women just don't know what they want, especially younger women.

If women are intentionally trying to flirt, some of those women will be freaking obvious, but, this is rare in younger women. By 'freaking obvious' I mean... saying things like 'nice ass', being grabby (feeling your muscles, your crotch, etc.). Some of the women who are trying to flirt think they are obvious and they are not obvious at all. They might think 1 smile in your direction is flirting without realizing that for most people smiling is just 'being nice'. Then, there is the whole gamut in between.

My point is this... I can't give you any clear guidance on how to tell for sure, no one can. I can give you some tips though...

First:
    • Be on the lookout for obvious flirting (touching, standing close to you, sexual talk)
    • Be on the lookout for obvious friend zoning (frequent glances at other guys and flirting with other guys even though you think she is supposed to be hanging out with you)
    Second, if you are not lucky enough to have one of those two things above happen, you will need to take action to sort things out:
    • Do some non-verbal checks to give her the opportunity to show interest or disinterest - stand closer to her, confidently look at her in the eyes long enough for her to realize it was more than a quick glance - if either of those things make her uncomfortable, that would be a good sign she is not interested.
    • Do some verbal checks - Compliment what she chose to wear, how she chose to do her hair, a body feature of her's that makes her unique - if those compliments make her uncomfortable, that would be a good sign she is not interested.
    Third, be direct:
    • Tell her you like her, or ask her if she wants to leave the party and go get some food, or ask her if she wants to follow you into the kitchen to get a beer, or try to kiss her. The worst case scenario is that she rejects you, but, if you did the first and second steps, she probably likes you enough to not make a huge deal about your blunder. Just don't be a dick afterwards. If you get rejected, just say... "I'm sorry, I thought there was some chemistry there, I hope I didn't make you too uncomfortable."
    Good luck dude! Looking back on those days of my life, I have some fond memories. Being uncomfortable and overcoming my social anxieties resulted in some moments I cherish, personal growth is something to be very proud of.

7. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I agree and I want to pronounce even more that women aren't homogeneous. There are women who are simply shy, too. You could approach them and they might seem uninterested at first when it's really just a reflex. There are others who are very extraverted and you might misinterpret their behaviour as attraction towards you.

There are also girls who are very reserved regarding dating in general and who want a relationship to evolve out of an innocent and unassuming friendship. I remember a friend of mine who said that she considers dating weird and that she never really had a date.

I guess in the end, yeah, you can't really tell (sorry, just kidding, I watched @BobDobbs' video).

I suppose you are looking for a relationship? Cause if you're looking for casual dating and picking up women, you still have a long way to go. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question here.

In case you're looking for something serious: In my recent experience, it's not so much the question of whether the girl likes me, but more the question of how much I actually like the girl. It's like I need to question and feel into the purity of my feelings to decide whether or not this girl could actually be the right one for me. There are tons of girls I feel attracted to on a superficial level, but only very few remain after this test. Don't fall for the illusion that a relationship will make you happy, when you aren't happy being single. Ask yourself if you can really imagine being with that girl in good times as well as in bad times (you don't have to answer with a clear "yes" wen you hardly know that person, but your intuition will already tell you many things if you allow it to speak to you)... or if you just want to have sex with her. Be honest with yourself.

8. Slayerknightlvl100

Slayerknightlvl100 Fapstronaut

Haha. That was awesome and helpful. I think the main theme of the film was just that: you really can't if a woman likes you. The signs are very subtle and there can be a million reasons why she does things. The best thing to do is to really keep your wits about you. I like to go off of what I want to do and if she is receptive to my advances. Women don't really do a lot of pursing. Also, just be friendly and know what you want and you'll find what you're looking for eventually. Happy travels.