Star Wars Virgin

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Veritech, May 13, 2016.

What Star Wars Movie should I start with.

1. Episode 4 - A New Hope (1977)

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace (1999)

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Veritech

Veritech Fapstronaut

I am having a friend over originally to watch Star Wars - The Force Awakens which I now have on blueray. Turns out that he has never seen any of the Star Wars movies. My friend is over 40 years old.

Obviously Star Wars episode 7 is not for him.

The question is should we watch Star Wars episode 4 - A New Hope or episode 1 - The Phantom Menace?

In other words should I start with the prequels or the original series?

Please tell me reasoning behind your choice.

2. Ack Ack Ack

Ack Ack Ack Fapstronaut

Ep 1 definitely. Idc what anyone says thats the best most nostalgic star wars film for me

Veritech likes this.
  3. [​IMG] What's Star Wars?

Kidding, mate. ;) Epi 1.

Veritech likes this.
  4. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Definitely episode 4. Episode 1...uh...spoils some shit

Veritech likes this.
  5. If you start with original series and then follow up with the prequels then story is more about Luke Skywalker. You also can enjoy all the plot twists the way they were meant to be revealed. You can enjoy all the suspense and everything. But if you start with prequels then story becomes more about Darth Vader instead, so it's different perspective that you can enjoy story from. The problem is that this way spoils a lot of stuff in sequels. So some of the fun of the movies might be ruined for your friend. The advantage of this tho is that story is presented in more chronological order so it might be easier to follow and understand.

I recommend for first time viewers to start with original series. Like that he will enjoy all the reveals and stuff and not get spoiled the hell out for him. Then after few years when he have forgot most of what happened in movies re-watch them the other way around, from episode 1. Chronological order is more for those who already know everything and don't care about spoilers. For those who want nostalgia. Not for newcomers.

Veritech likes this.