New 30 Day Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jiladah, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Jiladah

Jiladah Fapstronaut

Hey there. I'm going to give up the following for thirty days and post on this thread in three day intervals. I'm doing this to help others with similar addictions and to keep myself disciplined.

Alcohol/Marijuana/Caffeine
    -These are the big ones that I feel are going to be the biggest problems. I have a heavy addiction to caffeine. Alcohol and weed I'm not thoroughly addicted to but would like cut out.
    Masturbation
    - It's been so long since I've last masturbated, about six months. I just want to keep the streak.
    Computers/Electronics
    -I'm going to stop watching movies, TV shows, endless hours of YouTube. I'm fairly addicted to these.
    I'm going to replace these with;
    Exercise
    -I've been lifting weights for about two years, but I'm going to make my workouts more intense and start jogging.
    Meditation
    -I've been meditating for about a year. Lately I've been skipping it or not doing the full session.
    Lucid Dreaming
    -I've been pursuing it but I find it difficult to become lucid and remember my dreams with low dopamine levels. It's strange I know, because dopamine keeps you excited and awake but this is my experience.
    Writing
    -I've just begun writing comedy, I have a small online job and am about to go to a stand up club. I'm going to write at least an hour a day and go as frequently as possible to open mics and comedy clubs.

I'm doing this because I've noticed that when I stopped masturbating I found the so-called, "superpowers". I think the basic reason is because my dopamine, serotonin, and androgen levels were raised. I think the bottom three will raise these and cutting out the top three will also raise these.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. Jiladah

Jiladah Fapstronaut

Day 1
    - Exhausted. I felt ready to fall asleep at noon. I've been antisocial for most of the day, mostly out of lack of energy. I'm finding it difficult to fully concentrate and write for an hour. I feel somewhat depressed and unconfident.