1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stand Alone

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Golgo 13, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

I've decided that I'm going to stand alone. Which means I am no longer going to be influenced by the filfthy outside world.
    By outside world I mean YouTube, almost all of the Internet, etc. I will not watch TV. I'm talking about a complete disconnect from society.

Why? Because I am tired of other people's/groups opinions infecting my mind. I just wanna reboot, and having all the entire worlds opinions won't help that.
    You guys should do it too. I feel like I will be a true individual by doing this and not another mindless drone like all of society.
    Rebooting is all tht matters and I got 6 more months to go, when I come out of this I'll be a stronger person.

JesusGreen, ruso and vulture175 like this.
  2. Toni S.

Toni S. Fapstronaut

It sounds quite different and interesting. It will probably be a great experience.
    But are you going to keep in touch with someone? Or do you plan to "stay away" from everybody? And how do you plan to use your spare time (as you probably are going to have a lot, due to not spending time checking youtube and other websites)?
    Good luck in your journey!

3. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

Thanks. Well I've been living with my parents for the last year and a half. I use to have friends when I was going to a university, but now I don't have any.
    For my spare time I guess I'll start working out, doing my school work, and working for my cousin. But yea, its pretty lonely up here. But I gatta do this for the future of my sanity.

4. Toni S.

Toni S. Fapstronaut

Good activities to fill your time, for sure they will help you improve yourself. Wish all the best in your journey, man.

Golgo 13 likes this.
  5. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

But, I am tired of being alone :(

6. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

But actually youre never alone. You have yourself. You have the trees. You have the air. You have the kitchen. You have the pillow. You have the blanket. You have computer. You have wifi. You have your arms, your head, your legs, your mind... They are all your friends, good friends, because they never judge you, they always listen to you.
    You maybe alone, but you are not alone :)

Toni S. likes this.
  7. This sounds like a great idea to me, if you are capable of doing something like this. I know I'm not. Maybe eventually. For now I'm still struggling to limit things like too much TV or Youtube yet alone to full cold turkey cut them out! It wouldn't last for long, my willpower is not that strong yet. I have to slowly prepare myself for that and easy in slowly. If you can cut them all off then all the power to ya.

8. Toni S.

Toni S. Fapstronaut

Embrace your loneliness, my good man.

9. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

Me too. But I am not ready to interact with the outside world yet, I am not fully rebooted yet.
    Sure, I got past 90 days, but that's only the beginning. I plan to go beyond 9 months, and I need to have a couple weeks of no MO also before I go out.
    This is not the real me, I don't want people to see me like this. 6 months from now when I'm fully rebooted, Ill go out and people will see the real me.

10. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

You're setting yourself up for failure.

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  11. Veritech

Veritech Fapstronaut

@Golgo 13

You have a goal to reboot and you're gonna do it by any means necessary.

Do whatever works. Do whatever it takes.

You'll be a better man for it.

12. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Don't worry.
    I actually have good friends...

I just want a partner..
    Maybe someday :D

13. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

whys that?

14. Daraen

Daraen Fapstronaut

Philosophically it's not a good idea, you can't cut the links which exists between you and others. Human beings are working by relativity, you have to meet a dumb guy to realize that you're not a one too. Ect the examples are many. I think the progress concern a necessary part of lonely work, but also a necessary part of work by confronting yourself to other's thoughts, other's nature.

Sorry about my english, i want to go more deep in my thinking but i'm a french native. And even in french i go everywhere in reflexion which is confusing so in a other language... ^^

15. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

Every individual have different views on what is success and failure ...

16. All I can say is yes man, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise but this is seriously a really good decision. I haven't cut myself off completely - I still use YouTube as I maintain a YouTube channel with bi-weekly uploads myself and so I'm active in the community, but news, tv, facebook etc I ditched a while ago and it was one of the healthiest decisions I ever made. It's helped me with the whole NoFap thing too, made reading this many days much easier because all those things have a whole lot of triggers, and unhealthy programming.

Sometimes it's good to have that complete cut off from all the negative influences, take some time just for yourself, recuperate, get stronger, train up, and then come back to the world twice as strong and take everyone by surprise.

Good luck man, I'm sure it'll all go well!

17. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Whatever coon and friends. lol Why don't you tell him something nice and pretty?

18. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

"No man is an island"

"We are social animals"

"I think, therefore I am"

19. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

U don't have to be mean

20. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

No...I should just play nice and be all pretty. God forbid I give you something useful...