1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Should i make a tinder account?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by seth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Just do it. Even if no one respond it requires no investment whatsoever. Just swipe right for everyone.

2. Crispy21

Crispy21 Fapstronaut

Lol people get so worked up over a free app.
    I know people who pay for match.com and all that and have had less luck than me and others from tinder.

seth likes this.
  3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Actually I've had no "luck" on tinder so far but what do I lose by doing 10 swipes a day when I get out of bed? The only hard part is getting some decent pics.

4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

@seth So did you make a Tinder account? If so any luck? If you've had luck how many photos did you post on it?

5. Lifeguard

Lifeguard Fapstronaut

Plenty of fish is the site I found my wife, I'm bias but i. Think it's good. Any free dating site is good. Paying for a dating site isn't worth it. Also I'd suggest keeping a record of the expenses of dating as one may lose their objectivity and a lot of money in the process.

6. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

It's a P sub. You will get frustrated. You will then be tempted back to P. Solution; go out in the real world and meet real woman.

Golgo 13 and Knight Solaire like this.
  7. Crispy21

Crispy21 Fapstronaut

If tinder is a psub that makes you relapse back to P then you have a much larger issue at hand.

8. seth

seth Fapstronaut

@ruso I did make an account last night. Would have earlier if I wasn't having trouble with my phone. I posted 6 pictures.

I also wouldn't be so quick to criticize Buzz. I agree that it is a p sub. Instead of searching for nudity your searching for an attractive girl. Its addictive and easy to continuously want more.

Funny thing though. There's this girl who works in the room next to me and we've introduced ourselves to each other and have had super brief conversations. I find her very attractive and have wanted to ask her on a date but I didn't feel confident since we've barely talked with each other.

So I'm on tinder and I'm seeing way too many of my sister's friends since she lives 3 miles away from me. I was thinking I'm just going to get rid of this app and as I open it to delete it, BAM there that girl is! I didn't know what to do! It gave me some courage - like I feel more comfortable asking her on a date now. But I just swiped right! Now this plan depends on her swiping right too... Idk we'll see how it goes. But after this girl I think I'm deleting this app. Might use it after I move out of this city and am not surrounded by my students!

9. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

@seth: 6 photos hmm.. maybe that's the magic number. Please talk to the girl next to you. Specially cause you saw her on Tinder, Lol. She knows you liked her pic, so do it now. Ask her out on a date and get over the elephant on the room, she'll say yes or no, and that's that.

10. rabbitz

rabbitz Guest

Try it, see if it adds something to your life or if takes away something from your life. I see posts about tinder being a p-sub.. Well, lots of things can be used as p-subs.. Watch a movie that has some partial nudity/explicit material, first time you see it, doesn't bother you.. But you could rewind the tape then use it as a p-sub, right?.. So, dont watch movies at all?. Its all about the mindset and understanding.

Good luck :)

seth likes this.
  11. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

I had the same thought of installing tinder on my phone too, and the only thing that makes me think it's worthless is because, where i live, no one uses it, haha. Could be a good thing though for me to avoid it at this point. If no one's there i shouldn't bother.

Another concern to me is that i don't want to feel i'm in a distant relationship, i've already been on that boat and regret all of it.

12. seth

seth Fapstronaut

@ruso I dont see her for another week, bleh she might not even use tinder. I'm pretty curious though. But I'll ask her for coffee.

Do you guys know what happens if I turn off discovery mode every time I'm not using it? Will the ppl I swiped right for see my profile?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  13. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

this is off topic but do u know what happened to Gaston? Cant find him

14. seth

seth Fapstronaut

He's done a no internet streak but he promised to report back once a week. I think it's been 3 weeks so far. I was thinking of posting on his journal

15. seth

seth Fapstronaut

Oh shit I see what you mean. His posts and account have vanished!

16. Harvhe

Harvhe Fapstronaut

In response to the OP kind of blindsiding the rest of the thread, its up to you man.

I use tinder really as a sanity stabilizer, because my mind gets stale and keeping in contact with it, gives my brain opportunity to work and deduce. Id still prefer to talk and deduce people in the room but circumstances and isolation make that difficult.

When P-sub's come up i just report and move onto the next as quickly as possible. Putting the picture down and being in the safe frame of mind that, that match is discarded starves off the urges for a little while, and being on a phone and portable, you can shuffle off to another area of the room if you need to or get to work on a cold shower.

It could work for you, but you've probably got to be honest about your PMO state at some point if it ever does lead anywhere, otherwise just 'browsing tinder' is fine. Especially if it keeps you off the internet for a while.

17. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

@seth Better than Tinder, get Bumble: https://bumble.com/ -- With this the woman you like Has to make first contact first. This solves the problem of women getting 1000 messages and never getting to yours. It also solves the problem of us having to send messages knowing she may never respond because of the volume of messages she receives. Also the pics of the women come from FB so they have more clothes on if getting "triggered" is your worry. And lastly, if you get 0 messages after swiping night and day, then you know you gotta work on your profile pics Lol. And if you work on your profile pics the best you can and still get no responses? Than it will be a clear indication to say f*ck it and only meet women in person.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    seth likes this.
  18. Greatness

Greatness Fapstronaut

don't do it. U'll waste a lot of your time. Just go out and start talking to real girls. You don't even need to know them, just ask them bout something random, nd then start talking to them. It'll be really awkward at first, but then you'll get used to it and they will feel how u care less, which is exactly how it should be.

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  19. seth

seth Fapstronaut

I made a bumble account. This shit is way too addictive...