1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is god Sometimes an a hole???

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ssofmind, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Ssofmind

Ssofmind Fapstronaut

Hey nofapsters, I'm having a really hard time understanding why god takes from the good and never helps. Now I'll give you an example I am a Muslim I lived in libya for awhile and all of the sudden I'm homeless my family is going into debt and all of this bs now I'd like to think my family are good folks we give to the poor we help the neighbors etc, but always bad stuff happens it's not like I'm ungrateful believe me I am but when dose god help the good guys. I want an answer from everyone Christians Muslims Jews etc just please give me an answer

Never_Return_There and goodboy1 like this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

If he was going to show favouritism to one particular religion, which one would he chose. Many disagree about big issues, so he couldn't regard them all as good guys. I don't think he favours anybody with special treatment or a charmed life. :rolleyes:

3. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Are you grateful for the things God does give you? And, I don't mean this as a passing thought or an occasional acknowledgment from you (if even that), but as a way of life and a general faith attitude. Or, are you focused more on what you lose, what you want, what life could be, which is always a never-ending proposition, of course. Believe me, even those with a lot of money never feel like they have enough - we always want more and more, never even grateful for what we have - and that doesn't just mean material goods - there's so much more to be grateful for. Seek first a most intimate relationship with God as a personal, intimate presence and friend in your life --who is always with you and always loves you (this is priceless treasure) - this will create a renewed attitude with how to live and look at the world around you, and God will provide for your needs. Ask yourself, too, how would any personal friend in your life feel if he knew you thought he might be some good-for-nothing a-hole (meditate on the title you chose for this post, even) -- see how far off base this attitude is from the one I describe above. Try to remake your thoughts and attitudes over here, and establish a real relationship with the God whom you might not even really know that well yet. He wants you to know him - He is calling you and waiting to embrace you with an opened heart of love. Go toward Him as you would toward a best friend, for God indeed is your first and highest love in life - the One to be most grateful for in your life. Best wishes!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. Heffe

Heffe Guest

I am sorry to hear about your hard struggles. I have never know difficult times like you have. To be completely honest, I don't understand the emotional stress, ache, and pain that you are going through. I will pray for you my friend.

To answer you question is very difficult. I trust that you will take what I am about to say as sincere and honest. I have found this to be true in my own life (as limited as it is).

A few years ago I realized that I am not a good person. I have lied, stolen, and hurt people. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that every person on earth has missed the standard of perfection. In fact, our imperfection has become something that humans acknowledge when we mess up. I don't know how many times I've heard people say "But I'm only human!". Sure, I might be "better" than someone else but am I a "good" person? I've realized that the only true standard of "goodness" is God's character. Every single day I fall short of this standard. I am not a good person. I think that everyone who examines their life would find that they have also missed the standard of perfection and are therefore not "good" people either. When I wonder why something "bad" has happened to me I catch myself thinking that I deserve better because I'm "good". God says in Romans 6:23 that the wages, or the repayment, for missing God's standard is actually deserving of death. The game-changer is this: God loved the human race so much that He sent His son Jesus to give His life as the payment for our imperfection. Jesus died so that I don't have to. Jesus died on a cross and rose again from the dead so that you and I can have life with God forever! God loves you, and God invites you to accept Jesus's death on your behalf as the payment of your imperfection.

So why do bad things happen to "good" people? As C.S. Lewis once said, "We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world." Perhaps God is using pain to awaken us to the reality that we need help from something greater than ourselves.
    I am sorry if this is not the answer that you are looking for. My intention was to bring you hope and not despair. Jesus says in Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." My friend, if you are hurting ask God for help. He is able and willing to aid you.

Heffe

5. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

God is not real dude. You really think he would allow millions of starving people to die?
    You really believe something that people 2000 years ago wrote? Do you know how technologically primitive they were?
    Do you think 2000 years ago they knew about special relativity and quantum mechanics?

Tell me, why has God NOT ONCE shown himself infront of a major city to prove his existence?
    Stop beliving in fairy tales dude, I've tried to talk to both God and Satan for help when I needed it, and what did I hear? NOTHING! I tried opening my third eye, you know wht I saw? NOTHING!
    Its alllll bullshit dude, meant to control you, spirituality just doesn't exist, only science.

Star Lord likes this.
  6. Eshaan

Eshaan Fapstronaut

You are piece of **** man

" god will help you when you have trust in him.GOD WILL NOT HELP YOU WHEN HE HAS TRUST IN YOU"

You are here like me because you don't have any control over your brain. We all are here for the same reason.

Why are you blaming the almighty???

Be man enough to atleast commit your mistake and stop posting such posts.

7. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

The physical world is all we have/can observe. If god isn't in this universe then he doesn't exist.
    Then your god really is an ass hole.
    Ok. Lol. You can say someone claiming to be god 2016 years ago, is proof. I could write a dairy today and say I am an alien, and 20,000 years from now someone might find it and say "oh this guy was an alien!". Without physical evidence its just a story, THATS A FACT!

Second what about all the other gods such as Zeus, the roman gods, the greek gods? I guess they were made up and Christ was forreal this time huh :rolleyes::)
    Nope, that's just delusion. If something exist it should speak. Wht is god that fucking arrogant that he cant speak to his own creations?

But of course I wont convince you that god isn't real. But maybe ill try one last time..

If god was real why do we see no evidence of him? None at all. Not once in the past 100 years have we had a picture of god, or a video of him doing something. We have scene no angels from the sky, we have seen no miricales.

God/angels/demons, if the did exist they were most likely mistaken for aliens, or some other advanced technology.

Common dude, you don't really believe in god do you? That's just what they tell you when you're young so you wont fear death.

Star Lord likes this.
  8. Gladiatori

Gladiatori Fapstronaut

Personally, I think God allows things to happen. So when a nation wars, or economy hits you so hard, and you don't deserve it, it's not as though he has done it directly. In the Old testament it has happened in many of the 5 Torah law books that men were tested in poverty, to still be faithful with God. Read JOB as well. God is with you. Be strong.

9. Integral

Integral Fapstronaut

Bro God is not an person. God has no form. God does not intervene. God simply creates and sustains. God is essentially the divine and infinite intelligence which provides the language in which the Universe was written. It is up to you to turn the pages.

10. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

Yea no kidding. You're in denial. Cant argue with that.
    That's consciousness, something people don't fully understand yet.

I just don't see what god is hiding from. I mean you would think he would appear once in our lifetimes but nooo, we gatta "have faith". I could just as easily bring a smartphone to some primitive tribe and tell them I'm god, and theyd believe me.

11. Integral

Integral Fapstronaut

Guys relax why do you have to make it a simplistic debate about one particular interpretation of God? There are many folk who have a much more nuanced and sophisticated understanding of God and your dismissive attitudes are quite rude. You conflate the scientific method and free enquiry with rejection of God yet for many folk their understanding of God is fundamentally informed by consciousness research, quantum physics, philosophy, near-death experience research among many other useful portals of enquiry into the nature of reality.

You certainly do not have all the answers, and neither do I, yet many of us seek to move fast infantile and non-constructive bickering towards a peaceful and serene existence where different viewpoints are respected and the flow of ideas is such that human systems can expand and grow.

Sheeesh guys I was like some of you when I was about 19 but damn consult more than one ideological position and try and have an open mind.......

12. owler

owler Fapstronaut

I find it sad that some people can't respect other people's religions. This is a thread discussing why God allows things to happen, not one about if he "exists" or not. Every one is entitled to their own opinion, but no one has the right to disrespect someone else's beliefs just because the offender's is different. Especially on a forum dedicated to helping one another, this kind of behavior can't be tolerated.

Anyway, while I'm not too religious anymore, is been my opinion God allows things to happen for a reason. It's reasoning could resolve immediately, or later. It could be to teach you, or to help others later in life. Who knows?

13. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

Dear bro.
    You are going through such a difficult situation in life .Stay strong and do not loose hope. I myself a Muslim and I practice islam. I will try to answer your questions. Allah has clearly said that this life in this world is a test from God. He will test you by giving you wealth, health, status, children's, etc. He will see whether you thanks Allah for his blessings or not. Then he will test you by taking away the wealth, health, status, children's, etc, any of the things and check whether my believer is patience or not.

Allah says: “Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who, when misfortune strikes them, say: ‘Indeed we belong to Allah and to Him is our return. Those are the ones upon whom are blessings and mercy from their Lord and it is those who are rightly guided.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 155] .

Allah says: “Every soul shall taste of death. And We will test you with evil and with good by way of trial. And to Us is your return.” [Sûrah al-Anbiyâ’: 35].

Allah says: “Know that your wealth and your children are but a trial and that Allah has with Him a mighty reward.” [Sûrah al-Anfâl: 28]

So what is the reward if we pass the test of this life. It is jannah, the paradise.
    How could we get a jannah which is minimum 10 times bigger then this whole universe without being tested?
    The last person who will enter paradise will get jannah 10 times bigger than this entire universe then think what about the person who went before him/her or what about the person who entered first!!! Thanks brother.

14. Ssofmind

Ssofmind Fapstronaut

I wanna thank you all for your replies and I guess you are all right i've decided im gonna seek for closer relationship thank you all for your replies. Even if god isnt real what would be better to die and to find out that a gods out there or to die and to find out god doesn't exist
    Thanks
    Rashad

15. Ssofmind

Ssofmind Fapstronaut

Rather then trying to call me a piece of **** and all of this you should atleast put yourself in my situation and maybe try to help a person rather then insulting me. You are right man i ain't a man yet hell i'm not even half of one but ill be damned if I ain't trying i'm only 16

Eshaan, goodboy1 and Heffe like this.
  16. Integral

Integral Fapstronaut

Bro you are 16 that is an age where you will have been basically taught through a systematised compulsory education that there is one way and the way to pass exams is to replicate this one logic. Unfortunately the Universe is far more complex than that. My advice is question everything and never be afraid to listen to your instincts. Plenty of people are yelling that God does not exist yet they have probably never deeply involved themselves in other ideological positions or domains. I have been a Sikh, an Athiest, an Agnostic and in the past few years a man who would say he has belief in God which is not constricted to organised religion. Do your own research and do not listen to people who are basically spouting an authority they do not have. Any real teacher will tell you that there is a lot of grey area within the world and no one has all the answers.

17. Ssofmind

Ssofmind Fapstronaut

18. lionace

lionace Guest

Aaah... I like this thread! And I respect everyone's position from the atheist to the fully bible-believing Christian.
    According to the original poster god must be all-mighty.
    I do not believe that god is almighty to that extent that he/she can force contradicting concepts to peacefully co-exist. Maybe he/she is almighty in a sense that through suffering all living will eventually come into perfection.
    That's what I believe. Also he/she might enjoy acting like an a hole once in a while - don't we all?

19. Porkins

Porkins Guest

Pfft, you would crap you soul pants and you know it.

Low likes this.
  20. Porkins

Porkins Guest

Broseph, your fantasies rule you which is why you're here. You might want to conquer your weiner before tackling God. Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

Low likes this.