1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I wouldn't mind if my wife had other husbands

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

I'm not married but I remember watching on tv a documentary of a discovered tribe in South America. These people have never been in contact with the outside world so they were never influenced by our society.

Anyway, in this tribe, women had multiple husbands and had a lot of power. There was a scene where this lady just acquired a new 20 year old husband and he just joined the group of her husbands. I think it could work but maybe not in this society.

If I were isolated with that group and became one of the husbands, not only could it work for me but I think it could work with other men too. I could be friends with the other husbands too.

2. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

As a woman I'd pass on that idea. Takes all I have to take care of my one man!

jest, Perry2000, Aiyoshi and 12 others like this.
  3. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Yeah but if I married you, I could help your husband. House chores would be easier for everybody and if you gained more husbands, we can take turns in the kitchen so there would be less work.

4. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

Whole idea is just weird to me. I wouldn't want my man having multiple wives and I'd hope he felt the same about me.
    Just seems the one on one intimacy would be gone.

jest, Perry2000, Joe1023 and 6 others like this.
  5. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Good point. Maybe it would work better in that culture.

6. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

I guess if that's what their use to they would know nothing different. I just know what I like.

7. ogiv

ogiv Fapstronaut

8. ogiv

ogiv Fapstronaut

In India as per law, muslim men are allowed to marry up to 4 women at the same time. But I have not seen or met any muslim man who has married more than once. I guess it is because maintaining more than one family would be impossible for most people.

goodboy1 likes this.
  9. ogiv

ogiv Fapstronaut

Wow .. why kill the poor "co-workers" .. that too in a brutal manner.. if you must kill them, at least be humane.. ;)

Aiyoshi, Immor and Deleted Account like this.
  10. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

Did you ever think there might be a reason why polyandry is only the norm in tribes of half naked cannibals?

11. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

Islamically it is recommended for muslims to have only one wife.

12. Lioness

Lioness Fapstronaut

Really ? Do u have evidence for that ?

13. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

“And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”
    [al-Nisa’ 4:3]
    Justice means spending money, property, food, clothing, etc equally between all the wives. I think it is impossible nowadays to do this. So the conclusion is to marry only one.

Aiyoshi likes this.
  14. ogiv

ogiv Fapstronaut

Thanks for the quote. Understand that we would need to look at the quote considering the context and time period in which it was written. But from this quote, does it not mean that a really rich man can marry more than 1 wive?

Aiyoshi and goodboy1 like this.
  15. Lioness

Lioness Fapstronaut

Why ? There are 3 million more women than men in the USA, and 10 million more women than men in Russia.
    And what if your wife - God forbid - was in an accident and became disabled ? Is it better to leave her and abandon her, or to take a second wife ?

Immor likes this.
  16. Lioness

Lioness Fapstronaut

And then rely on PMO ?

17. goodboy1

goodboy1 Fapstronaut

It doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor.The point that matter is whether ones do justice or not. I don't think becoming rich can lead someone to do justice.

18. Lioness

Lioness Fapstronaut

What if she was severely injured and became disabled for life ?

19. Lioness

Lioness Fapstronaut

No-one suggested leaving her - that's exactly one of the benefits of polygamy !

20. swagnarock

swagnarock Fapstronaut

Reminds me of the movie "love and other drugs"