1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Soy

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by bigtruck420, Jan 7, 2024.

1. bigtruck420

bigtruck420 Fapstronaut

Is soy bad for Men? I have heard it decreases testosterone.... is that true Or just a myth

2. I’m using it right now to keep sexual urges down. It works.

3. SoberGuy

SoberGuy Fapstronaut

As i have learned too, soy is horrible. If you have your own questions about it, try to consume for some days and see what happens.

4. NJF

NJF Fapstronaut

I am vegan, and although soy isn't a main source of nutrition in my meals, I probably eat about 3 times a week. I haven't had any negative consequences thar I've noticed.

5. onestuthree

onestuthree Fapstronaut

Soy boy checking in. I've been vegan for ten years, eat soy pretty much every day, zero negative effects and solid testosterone levels.
    The anti-soy agenda is strong and in fact cows milk contains significantly higher levels of estrogen than soy.

Yin&Yang-Yūki likes this.
  6. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

A 'moderate' level of soy consumption isn't going to affect your estrogen levels by itself. You're more likely to grow man-boobs from drinking manly beer than chowing down on soy burgers. As usual, balance and moderation are key. Don't have soy as your main source of protein every day (there are plenty of other vegan alternatives, if that's the diet you follow, else of course high quality animal proteins are a good option).

7. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

Tofu

onestuthree likes this.
  8. onestuthree

onestuthree Fapstronaut

My one true love.

9. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

...for what I've heard ,soy elevates feminine attributes in men.After reading that I have stopped cold on soy consumption.