1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sugar!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Dcd24!, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Dcd24!

Dcd24! Fapstronaut

Does any one know if sugar affects nofap or if it can be relapse!

2. SoberGuy

SoberGuy Fapstronaut

It's not going to affect nofap, but your health. Everybody here recommends you get a healthy diet to follow a good and sharp streak (and that makes sense, being healthy is good), so be careful with how much sugar you are using.

Now, it's not a relapse for a NoFap streak, for a "NoSugar" streak will be.

Meshuga and Dcd24! like this.
  3. Dcd24!

Dcd24! Fapstronaut

4. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Too much sugar is always bad. It creates much more dopamine and can create urges. Make ur sugar intake as low as possible. Avoid artificial sugar. It's better to eat natural fruits for sugar. I have seen seen that eating much sugar make me vulnerable to pmo.

Orphan and Meshuga like this.
  5. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

Eating sugar not only affects my decision-making but also leaves me feeling thirstier than usual. Interestingly, I've observed that it also has an impact on my tinnitus. After my recent teleaudiology session, where we discussed this, I'm more aware of what to avoid to manage it better.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  6. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

I don’t know if it universally affects dopamine like with @Mr. Cooler , or if it’s just all around destabilizing, but refined sugar definitely impacts us metabolically and neurologically. If you quit, you’re going to go through withdrawal cravings, but then balance out after a couple weeks and you’ll probably find yourself more balanced in the head.

Natural sugars are definitely better, but we’ve bred fruits for sweetness so much, even those can be too much. Be careful of fruit juices, and don’t overload on honey, either. Ketchup and peanut butter also have obscene amounts of sugar. It’s hard to avoid, especially since sugar is in so many foods, and because people pressure you to consume it so often. I had no idea how much until I started avoiding it. But if you can manage it’s worth the effort.

Orphan likes this.
  7. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

you can use stevia...

Mr. Cooler likes this.
  8. Dying Light

Dying Light Fapstronaut

Lol, it's not available in our country. Never heard of it before.

9. shorty1

shorty1 Fapstronaut

it's called stevioside; They're are steviol glycosides...and used as a natural sweetner

Mr. Cooler likes this.