1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[7-CHALLENGE] THE SEVEN DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Aug 28, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Albertoo1423

Albertoo1423 Fapstronaut

2. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Great job, congratulations. I feel more motivated to join you by the end of the week now. Thanks for the inspo

3. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

4. Unfortunately I am back to zero.

5. zancudo de olas

zancudo de olas Fapstronaut

Me too.

6. zancudo de olas

zancudo de olas Fapstronaut

Can't believe I thought this would be a walk in the park to complete I didn't even pass one day.

Completely ignored how serious a problem PMO is for me and rationalized/minimized/justified edging to subs first thing this morning.

Terrible at setting my mind to something and sticking with it in general but am now seeing without a firm decision a slippery slope is going to be basically an automatic choice without much reasoning.

Lacking rewards in other areas of life so I fell into the edge trap all too easily this morning perhaps this is going to require more effort, planning, and action than I assumed.

Day 0/7 but with this dopamine blast rebound I don't have much faith right now how I will snap back onto solid ground and when well that might be pushing a bigger rock uphill than I can or am I OK with edging?

It's a dopamine snare. I feel I am playing with a digital bear trap for my reward system & once it swings shut...

Extreme imagery aside a book called Dopamine Nation comes to mind also I should leave my phone at home this morning and go for a brisk walk in a park after just edging or else it will be Groundhog Day here clear the senses reset the brain

Kind of surprised I stopped I got bored of it thinking reading interesting books I recently got would be more cerebrally stimulating and enriching for my life I take for granted too often

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    olaf5on and Daam6 like this.
  7. Daam6

Daam6 Fapstronaut

8. Gabriel Knight 2.0

Gabriel Knight 2.0 Fapstronaut

9. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

10. olaf5on

olaf5on Fapstronaut

11. Daam6

Daam6 Fapstronaut

12. Gabriel Knight 2.0

Gabriel Knight 2.0 Fapstronaut

13. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

No worries, you made an effort and made progress and now you have another shot at getting to day and can come to it with more motivation that comes with the pain of relapse, I struggle with this too but I sense that looking back and remembering that pain and then looking forward to the life of sobriety might give you perspective to push past the urge a little longer and we can push back enough times to pick up another streak and eventually we can pick up enough momentum to climb to higher and higher plateaus

14. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I feel your predicament and can only confirm how hard this is. Just the fact that you came back here to seek help again is a victory itself.

One thing that I'm trying, often with mixed results, is to remind myself that this is my top priority as it will provide me the foundation to reach all of my other goals, so doing anything besides this be it exercising, reading, binging television, you name it, is a victory and if I can string enough of these tiny victories together I can lift myself to a higher plateau where even if I relapse again I won't lose my progress or my habits and can start over and reach another higher plateau until I finally get to reboot and maybe even beyond. Hope this might help some

15. JoJo_

JoJo_ Fapstronaut

Relapsed.
    Day 0/7

Don80 likes this.
  16. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

17. olaf5on

olaf5on Fapstronaut

Day 7 of 7 completed yesterday evening.

TheLuckiestGuy, Don80 and Daam6 like this.