1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I feel after 400 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by theoptimist, Feb 11, 2024.

1. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

It is very hard to rely on will power all the time. Yes, I used Covenant eyes filter and I have used Soberway app for daily motivation. There were some down days that I was not productive but it is normal and I am still learning.

Regarding triggers, There are 3 types of triggers

1. Visual triggers: Which are things that triggers us visually (it can be social media, scenes in movies, second look in the streets, advertisements, etc. )
    We can solve this one by adding filters or checking on imdb's parents guide - if the movie have triggering scenes or not before watching the movie.

2. Environmental triggers: Which are things that triggers us at certain places or time (It can be a certain month of the year - when the weather is too hot or too cold or at certain place where we have used to PMO in the past)
    We can solve this one by learning our triggers and trying to change the place or being busy at the triggering event.

3.Emotional triggers: Which are things that triggers us emotionally such as (HALT concept) hungry, angry, lonely, tired. In-addition being rejected or a rewarding yourself after finishing a task or a project.
    We can solve this one by watching our feelings and do self-care.

From my experience, we can not change our triggers but we can learn to understand our triggers and to replace the action with something positive. The key is to know and to notice our triggers because every single one of us have their own triggers.