1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I feel after 400 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by theoptimist, Feb 11, 2024.

1. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share, how I feel after 400 days honestly without any exaggeration like I woke up one day with 2 wings at my back and I have started to fly or anything like that :)

Some of the positive things that I have noticed/felt:

- Enjoying little Things:
    I have noticed that I started to enjoy and feel happy from little things such as listening to music, deep talk with a good friend or even eating a good meal.

- Self-confidence / Inner security has increased:
    I started not to care about what other people think of me and I have started to ignore fake friends and work colleagues, in the past I was afraid to ignore fake friends or work colleagues because I needed to be nice to everyone, but now I am secure enough to say I don't want to be a part of a gossip group and I don't want to gossip about anyone

- My Self-respect has increased
    I have started to prioritize my well-being and respect myself. I have noticed a remarkable shift in my overall way of living after not allowing anyone to say something disrespectful to me.

- Self forgiveness
    I forgive myself more often than before for all the mistakes that I have made in the past and when I do something wrong like forgetting something or being late, etc.. I started to say to myself "I am not perfect and I don't have to be perfect" Before being sober, I used to criticize myself so hard and feel worse for tiny little mistakes that in most cases not a big deal

-My Emotions become more sensitive
    I have started to cry when I watch a sad scene or an emotional scene in a movie

-New things / Risk
    I started to love to try new things and to take more risks which made my life more fun

Conclusion

There are ups and downs in the recovery journey. There were some days that I felt shit and there were some days that I felt great so it is totally normal to feel both emotions.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  2. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

3. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

thanks for sharing! how do you feel the progression have been for you, i bet it was not instant result! was there a "threshold" of having found the right balance for you?

Bad Me and Be Inspired like this.
  4. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Absolutely, It was not an instant result. "For every level there is another devil"

Syphax, jay3241, Bad Me and 2 others like this.
  5. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

How about temptations? You mean that?

Bad Me likes this.
  6. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    So happy for you and your success in this journey.

Bad Me, theoptimist and Jefe Rojo like this.
  7. being-Partkdold-Duty

being-Partkdold-Duty Fapstronaut

I have been able to abstain from PMO in my "waking" life. I haven't had a sexual relationship with anyone in over 12 years and I notice it's difficult to stay away from sexual dreams. How do you handle this? Are you prone to sexual dreams?

8. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

Thank you so much! You're an inspiration.
    Did you have any serious withdrawals along the way?

Bad Me and theoptimist like this.
  9. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Nice job, 400 days is a solid achievement! Keep going!

10. DarkKnightFights

DarkKnightFights Fapstronaut

I reached 200 days yesterday, and I agree with everything you said.
    Congrats. You're doing a great job.
    200 days from today I'll be just like you

11. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

I am sorry to report you that, there will always be temptations but the good news is the level of temptations will be less stronger

Yin&Yang and Bad Me like this.
  12. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Thank you, I am also happy for your success!

Ammar2, Bad Me and White Sheep like this.
  13. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

I had sexual dreams on different intervals, sometimes they were triggering and sometimes the were okay. I think the key factor is to accept the dreams and don't think too much about it, because at the end of the day we can not control our dreams but we can only control our actions when we wake up.

Bad Me likes this.
  14. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Thanks! Yes, I had some withdrawals on different levels, but the key factor is one day at a time.

Yin&Yang and Bad Me like this.
  15. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

Did you put safety filter’s in place And block all triggers to get to 400 days? Or did you just remain productive or did you put safety filters in place and rely on willpower?

theoptimist likes this.
  16. Rainbow Warrior

Congratulations on your streak. God will be happy for you and you must be proud

theoptimist likes this.
  17. Rainbow Warrior

try this book by someone who did reach 7 years on nofap. He discusses every problem associated with pmo.

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/6-years-clean-rebooting-as-the-best-remedy.135983/

18. theoptimist

theoptimist Fapstronaut

Don't worry about the numbers :) In my humble opinion numbers of days are nothing. The Real challenge is how much achievements have you done during your sobriety journey. If you focused on positive goals (such losing weight, building muscles, learning a language, learning a new musical instruments, dating, etc ) will be more beneficial. In another words a person who have reached 100 days might be better than a person who reached have 500 days.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    Tan Korrey likes this.
  19. DarkKnightFights

Indeed, temptation will be there forever, however if you keep seeking your goals, you will fight it and it always is momentary and goes away

theoptimist likes this.
  20. DarkKnightFights

Exactly. Thanks God, quitting this nasty habit allowed me to return to old me. For the last 3 years I stopped hiking or doing any real enjoyable thing in life.
    But now during summer time in the sothern hemisphere I returned to hike twice a week for distances no less than 15 miles a day, and returned to play guitar which was resting at the corner of the room for over a year. The remaining habit to develop for me is eating healty food.

theoptimist and again like this.