1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A new turkish Ex-Muslim and now an Atheist

A group of agnostic and atheist fapstronauts to get come together chat about recovery.

1. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Hello Folks,
    Hello to all Atheists and Agnostic.
    I want to talk with Nonbelievers especially with Ex-Muslim Men and Women.
    You guys really have my Empathy and I love you for being brave your whole Life.

I even don't know if I still believe in God or not but my whole Life I was indoctrinated to believe in him and don't have to question his being.
    And I finally and thankfully lost my Religion....but I still can't say that to my Family.
    Cause I am afraid having a dispute.

I'm coming from a turkish muslim Family Background and I was born and raised in Germany.
    This Year as I have became 30, I have clearly seen that this "God" never had a Plan for my Life.
    It was always me who has to fight in all Baracks with my own natural instinct to survive.
    I was the one who was always strong.
    I was the one who is always standing up when I fell down.
    But where is God? He was never there for me.
    When I hear religious Teachers saying that through Prayer ylu can talk to a Friend I simply can puke.
    Because a really good Friend is there for you when you need Help on bad Times.
    I have prayed for my whole fucking Life.
    I had Dreams and Wishes and I will probably die without reaching them.
    Like having a Girlfriend and go on a vacation with her. Having my own Apartment and being finally healthy and wealthy.
    I have prayed to him and I have cried so many Times but this manipulative being which People call Allah or God never listen to my Sorrows.
    He rather is a hateful sadistic Creator or he simply is not there....there is no other Choice.
    Because 1 Thing which made me think is .....what Plan had God for my best Friend who only has died with 14?
    Fuck Heaven Fuck his System like being in a Rathole all the Time and for never finding any Solutions.
    His Moral views is equal to an old Man who is living in bitterness and who wants to control the whole World like his blind Sheeps 24/7 and their Names are probably Moses Jesus and Mohammed.
    If we had the Technology like we had today everyone of them would wether go to jail or forced to go to a psychiatrist!
    Yes only Man are gonna control the World.
    Woman are not allowed to do it.
    Because this whole System don't want to see strong Woman!!! They are the real Mysoginist.
    Hateful Moralpreachers!
    Muslim Woman are not even allowed to marry non-muslim Man and going to Partys.
    They even forced me to circumsize my Penis.
    And even not having Sex before Marriage is the dumbest Thing what I have heard in my Life.
    For many reasons.
    Not even one single Rule makes Sense to protect People.
    I hate Islam from the bottom of my Heart because it only made me suffer.
    Religion is something like supporting your own Futbol Club as a Hooligan.
    It is toxic through and through.
    There are so much things to say.
    But for now it is enough.
    I want to talk here with Ex-Muslims from all around the world.

RebornS and onceaking like this.
  2. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am ex-Christian. I felt angrily just like you do, when I left religion. I understand and empathize. Krillin, hang in there. There are many atheistic women all around the world, more than one would think. You can find one and take her on a vacation, she will be so happy with you. Be encouraged, my friend.

My wife and I are both nonreligious. We are very happy together. We go on vacations every year.

I support you.

onceaking and Krillin1993 like this.
  3. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Thank You for your Support Man.
    This means for me alot.
    In Reality, when you become a new Member of any Religion, you also become a new Brother or a new Sister of someone elses Religion and have all of a sudden thousands of new fake Friends but when you are going to leave it, you are not loved anymore.
    You are just loved under a condition...only because you don't agree to alot of things they preach.
    Today many People hate each other because of different religious reasons.
    And religious people hate non-religious people.
    The viscious cycle of hate is real.
    This is so insane.
    Religion in general is such a thing I guess.
    You then feel misunderstood.
    You feel alone and lonely deep down to your bones.
    This is what I am going through nowadays.

I am very happy for you that you experience such a beautiful thing like Love.
    And thank you for your kind words.
    Best regards ;)

RebornS and Diderik like this.
  4. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You are loved. You are appreciated, my friend.

Krillin1993 likes this.
  5. hhh999

hhh999 Fapstronaut

I respect you - leaving a religion takes a certain amount of bravery (you have to be brave enough to say that you want to be honest with yourself, instead of following blind "faith".)

Krillin1993 likes this.
  6. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

I think I would see myself as brave when I say this all to my Family.....but this will never happen. Thats for sure.
    Thank you for your Response. ;)

7. hhh999

hhh999 Fapstronaut

You don't have to tell it to your family. Whether you say it to your family is just a detail, and there's no obligation to do so. Telling the truth to yourself, and declaring that you no longer want to lie to yourself after living for years in dogma (where lack of faith is considered to make you a "bad person"), is the true act of bravery.

RebornS and Krillin1993 like this.
  8. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Yeah you are right. :)
    Can I ask from which religious Background your Family is? And when have you decided to become non-religious?

9. hhh999

hhh999 Fapstronaut

Nobody in my immediate family is religious. The funny thing is that, around 8 years old I decided to start believing in God on my own (I didn't tell anyone). It led me down a spiral where I thought that even considering that God might not exist was a horrible sin (even though, in reality, it's a necessary aspect of critical thinking). Around the age of 17, I finally broke free of this spiral when I told myself that God wouldn't want me to lie to myself, and I let myself look at the situation honestly (and allowed myself to doubt God's existence). Very soon, I realized that the entire story (Noah's Ark, Sodom and Gomora, Moses parting the Red Sea, Jesus's miracles, etc.) was completely ridiculous and that there was no logical reason to believe it in the first place. So, now I'm an agnostic/atheist.

Diderik and Krillin1993 like this.
  10. hhh999

hhh999 Fapstronaut

By the way, if you're looking to meet a girl to be your girlfriend, you could try going to an atheist club. If you live in a country where atheism isn't illegal, I'm sure there are some in the city you live in. Also, I'd suggest listening to a YouTuber named Joe Elvin for advice on how to flirt with girls, if you want it.

Krillin1993 likes this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I've come across a number of Muslims but not ex-Muslims in this forum. It seems to me that it's really hard for someone to leave Islam. I was a conservative Christian for around 10-15 years and then became a progressive Christian for around 5 years. I have been agnostic for about 3 years. While I'm not ex-Muslim I support anyone who wants to leave their religion.

You might be interested in Yasmine Mohammed's podcast. She a Palestinian/Egyptian ex-Muslim and on her podcast, she interviews people who have left their religion. Some of the people on it used to be Christians but most used to be Muslim or are people questioning certain aspects of Islam. She also runs a charity called Free Hearts Free Minds which offers support for people who leave Islam.

Krillin1993, RebornS and Diderik like this.
  12. RebornS

RebornS Fapstronaut

I can understand your anger. I suffered in many the same ways growing up having Christianity forced upon me. I became a "born again" believer in my early twenties, and then after some years drifted to the more progressive side of Christianity for a while too. But I think during the pandemic I had time to be by myself and search my real feelings about everything, and I started my trek into Atheism/Agnosticism at the end of 2022. What has helped me a lot is watching alot of podcasts and documentaries online by former Christians that deconstructs the faith from an academic standpoint. There are many on Youtube that do this. I do believe there are some Ex-Muslim channels as well. Also connecting with my local Atheist community is helping alot too. There are many organizations online that offer help with people who are leaving or have left their faith of origin. Recovering from Religion is a good one to start with.

Krillin1993 likes this.
  13. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

I have no Hope in Religion and this will stay as it is but I have started to pray to God again. Maybe I haven't prayed to him as a Friend but more like to a Stranger. I don't know....maybe I go crazy from Time to Time because I have some serious health issues. And maybe I go crazy because I want to see my 13 year old friend, who passed away 17 Years ago.
    He had deserved this Life more than I do now.
    I love you Deniz Güzelkesen...my best Friend. :(...

RebornS likes this.
  14. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I wish God could bring back your young friend. May your friend be remembered fondly.

I hope that you are successful on NoFap. No one needs a god for that.

As for me, I want to help show that atheists recover too, I will be one more example of this.

Krillin1993 likes this.
  15. Krillin1993

Krillin1993 Fapstronaut

Thank You for your kind words :) I hope so too. :(

Diderik likes this.