Loneliness killed me this year, here's how I'm changing this moving forward.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by GrittyRunning, Dec 3, 2023.

1. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

Just thinking about things after watching that Rich Cooper stream and what I'm going to do to get myself out of the mud.

This year was probably the worst for me in terms of loneliness, and a lot of it was my fault. Moving forward i'm going to implement some things Rich mentioned such as removing myself from shit people and environments. I'm going to concentrate a lot more on running, fitness, and getting proper sleep. I'm probably also going to greatly reduce if not outright totally quit spending so much time in the shitty bar scene and trying to make things happen with the opposite sex. I'm going to add more to this for sure, but for now these will be the main things i'll be working on.

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I'm glad that you're setting goals. That's a good start.

3. That is really good to get the ball rolling with aspirations and goals. I need to figure out how to not feel lonely.

terrasoar likes this.
  4. terrasoar

terrasoar Fapstronaut

I like your handle

I want to get some gritty trail runs in here soon see how fast I can go in snowshoes

Making strides in wholesome outlets

GrittyRunning likes this.
  5. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

That's a great start. Sleep is key for me to be productive and have a good day. Another thing you may want to do is join a club, volunteer, or do something that involves other people. Everything you mentioned can be done solo, stopping loneliness involves being with other people.

Good luck, loneliness sucks and it takes a lot of effort to find things to do that involve others. Keep us posted on your efforts and success.

6. GrittyRunning

I started last night. Went to a bar by myself away from my usual downtown hangouts. I was sitting all by myself and ordered food and 4 women asked to join me at my table. Ended up having a good time, the ladies ended up being down to earth, easy to talk to and actually sane! * gasp* I guess i was hanging out too much in your typical downtown spots. This bar was more in the suburban area than where live which is closer to downtown. The difference in behaviors was actually eye opening.

7. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

I'm curious as to why they wanted to join your table? Was there a shortage of tables or was there a reason that one or all of them wanted to meet you? Either way, I'm glad you had a fun social interaction.

8. GrittyRunning

Most of the tables were taken that night and i was hogging this one all to myself and i was hoping no one would try to join me but these gals did anyway.

Vicit_fidem likes this.
  9. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Good strategy to meet 4-women!

10. GrittyRunning

Ended up talking with a cute brunette at the bar while watching Sportsball, gave her some friendly ribbing because she’s a Niners fan and i was rooting for the Ravens. Still it was nice because she initiated the interaction when she heard me speaking with the guys near me about the game. It was just nice interacting with her and having friendly conversation and she was a good sport about the game rivalries.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
    drac16 and Vicit_fidem like this.
  11. GrittyRunning

Just finished reading The Book of Pook. That book was awesome; one of the things I got reading the last few pages of it was that while our thoughts are infinite, our actions are finite, and this hit me in the feels really hard today.

From this point forward I’m not going to let fears hold me back from taking the types of actions that I need to because we only have so much time left and none of us is promised tommorow.

12. I like this mindset man.. I also struggle with fear when it comes to doing certain things, especially talking to women. But at a certain point, you come to realize what's the worst thing that can happen? They say "no, not interested." Then you just move on lol. It's simple but it's so easy to overthink it and go down a rabbit hole of self-doubt.