1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an accountability buddy

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. NS99

NS99 Fapstronaut

I’m new here. I’ve been watching P since I was young, quitting once but then stumbling back into it again when I accidentally visited a site while trying to find something else. It’s been so long I honestly don’t even remember what life was like without an addiction. I’m not even all that old but over half my life I’ve spent with this addiction.

I live on my own and have nothing to do most of the time other than video games (which is an addiction of its own and honestly ties into my P addiction as being a trigger a lot of the time). I don’t often use P sites anymore but rather P games and now with AI I’ve fallen into the chat bot trap to alleviate loneliness. Because of this, even if I don’t have urges I’m simply wanting to play a game due to nostalgia (I’ve really been at this a long time) or am anticipating another upcoming game release which brings me back. Now that I’m living on my own the temptation has never been higher. What a great time to quit!

I’m looking for an accountability partner or some alternative to check in with daily since I’ve tried sheer will power time and time again to no success. Despite my efforts I haven’t really stopped for more than 2 weeks since I started. I’d also appreciate some tips and maybe apps I can use to track progress (the NF app isn’t available in my country).

Wilderness Wanderer likes this.
  2. NS99 likes this.
  3. NS99

NS99 Fapstronaut

Okay, I’ll try that to start with. Thanks!

4. Welcome! It looks like you have similar problems to me. When I have watched p I have done so in the form of games. I have also noticed that when I play normal video games, I tend to get tempted and I often fall. So I might have created a connection between gaming and p. So I just want to mention, that it is possible, that you might have to give up gaming if you have the same problem.

Now finding replacement activities is another issue, but I am afraid I cannot give you much guidance there, since it is very individual what one finds fulfilling. But sitting down with a pen and paper over some prayer is a good way of figuring that out I think.

NS99 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  5. I have found hard work to be a cure for idleness. To fall into bed exhausted each night from a hard day's labor is a gift.

Feel welcome to message me directly if you want to start doing daily check-ins. It would be a privilege to walk together on the journey for a while!

NS99 and Wilderness Wanderer like this.
  6. NS99

NS99 Fapstronaut

Sure, I’d appreciate that!