For a better life

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Kyle1980, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Kyle1980

Kyle1980 Fapstronaut

Hello to the community.

I am new to this community, and I am so grateful that I found it. As many others mention, it took me too long to admit my addiction to P. I started around when I was 15yrs when started watching P on my computer, and quickly developed a habit. I do not want to even think of how many hours I have wasted in my life so far watching P. 28 yrs is just too long but it could have been 30. Lets be positive.

I was surprised (in a good way) and encouraged to see the valuable content in this community which I have yet to go through, and I had to start my journaling immediately to continue my NoFap streak.

I will try to post my past addictions and experiences here as I try to journal to continue my streak. I am on my second day today. Started on 11/27/2023

Thanks in advance for the support the community provides.

2. Beat Beat-Meat

Beat Beat-Meat Fapstronaut

Welcome and good luck in your journey. Knowledge is one of the best weapons we have against this. Soak as much in as you can. Every day.

3. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Hey there! Welcome to the community! This is a fantastic place to begin to recover. There's a lot of hope here and other members to support you.

I think it's fantastic you're getting the journal going as I find it to not only be therapeutic, but an opportunity to be transparent about recovery. Sometimes I discuss my struggles, while other times I discuss my successes. In addition, journaling is a healthy habit I've established and one that helps hold me accountable.

I would also recommend connecting with some like minded members through direct message. Having accountability partners adds one additional layer of accountability and transparency...as well as an opportunity to establish lasting, healthy friendships.

Looking forward to reading more about your journey! Wishing you the best!

4. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

Hey, brother! Welcome to the forum! :)

5. Kyle1980

Kyle1980 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the welcoming, Beat Beat-Meat!

6. Kyle1980

Kyle1980 Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and encouragement! Yes, I am thinking of discussing my ups and downs, struggles and what worked for me etc. so that I can give back to the community. And yes, I do agree journaling in general is a good mindfulness habit to make.
    I hope to find someone that I can relate to and connect.

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  7. Kyle1980

Kyle1980 Fapstronaut

Thank you Prophet_Harry, for the warm welcome. It does feel good just being noticed of joining a new community. It gives you a sense of belonging which encourages you to keep the Reboot going. You and all the people supporting the community are awesome

Prophet Harry likes this.
  8. Kyle1980

Kyle1980 Fapstronaut

I will move my journaling to the Rebooting "age group" (40-49) to continue my jounaling.

Thank you all, and see you around!

Beat Beat-Meat and GeorgeJetson like this.
  9. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

That's my group as well! See you there!

Kyle1980 likes this.