1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life is more pain than pleasure.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Leanmaxxing, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

jesis has long been gone

2. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

So I'm curious as to exactly what you mean by gone, and why you say that.

3. Gone from this world but very much still alive.

Joe1023 likes this.
  4. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

I agree, His physical presence is gone, but definitely not His spiritual presence by any means!

BravelyKegger likes this.
  5. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

At least Jesus didn’t have to work a 9 to 5. Bet he’d hate it also if he did.

6. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

You think Jesus was underworked compared to someone who works 8 hours day?

7. Well, he was a carpenter. I don't know what kind of hours they keep, but they usually put in a full day.

Joe1023 likes this.
  8. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Well as far as working a job, being the Savior of the world was His job. Performing miracles, healing people, traveling to all the places He knew He needed to go to, teaching people, teaching the 12 disciples....let's not forget being murdered for something He wasn't even guilty of, most likely at age 33.

9. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

Lol you really think the son of god is a wagie. Carpentry was probably just his side hobby.

10. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Interesting. So instead of insulting someone else's belief in Jesus, maybe suggest your own theory. Or, I don't know... you could always agree to disagree. Or, here's a crazy idea, maybe just don't say anything at all if it's something you don't agree with.

11. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

This is the issue with religious folk you think other humans have no good in them you think its all about this jesus guy . that is selling the human race down the river in my mind and it is selling people short . take responsibility for your own existence. jesus has absolutely nothing to do with it . jesus was a jew who lived over 2000 years ago if history tells us anything its keep an eye on the religious folk . and if lige is meaningless without jesus. well god save us all. alot of people get by just fine without religion. the fact people need religion in order to give life meaning is kind of unfortunate

where is jesus, Christians killed him completely destroyed the idea of whoever the man was and killed him with all there hate:emoji_black_heart:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  12. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

like anti LGBTQ religious folk or abortion thats perfectly alright for religious folk to disagree with with extreme hate but anyone who opposes, should say nothing. pah!

13. It's always funny to see fedora-tippers try to explain religion and completely expose that they don't understand the first thing about it. In the Bible, Jesus Christ was a working man who worked as a carpenter up until the age of 30, which is when he started preaching. It might be a good idea to actually read the book you're trying to talk about.

And while I'm at it, Christianity is directly responsible for Europe being a military, cultural, and economic superpower. Without the unifying power of Christ we'd still be living in huts worshipping Odin. Many scientists throughout history attribute their findings to God. The United States exists because of Christianity, through the original Puritan settlers and then later Manifest Destiny as a concept. When a European or American spits in the face of Christianity they're spitting in the face of Western civilization as a whole. And before any of you try to tell me about "Muh Dark Ages" - the Dark Ages were a myth. No I will not elaborate, look it up yourselves. Face it, Religious people built the world, there's absolutely no denying it. Meanwhile fedora-tippers do what? Make YouTube videos? Complain on Twitter about their dad forcing them to go to church on Sunday?

And while I'm still at it, homosexuality by itself is not a sin in many Christian denominations. Most notably Catholicism. Acting upon it is the sin, as is ALL sex that is non procreative. That means anything that's not penetrative vaginal sex. You're entitled to disagree with that, but for the love of Christ in Heaven, stop spouting nonsense about a topic you blatantly know nothing about.

Onceagain2.0 and Joe1023 like this.
  14. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

You're asking for A WHOLE LOT.

15. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Lol, no. ALL I did was ask a question about what you meant when you said gone, and you automatically fly into your butt-hurt mode, assuming that I think there is no good in people. Well, for Christians, it IS all about that Jesus guy, because we all know who He was and what He did for us. If that is selling the human race down the river in your mind, then that's on you. Don't get all high and mighty, forcing your self-righteousness on me, ALL FOR ASKING ONE SIMPLE QUESTION.

Take responsibility for my own existence?? You have absolutely no clue what it means to be a Christian, or what we believe, do you? How EXACTLY would you suggest I go about taking responsibility for my existence?

And if history taught you to keep an eye on the "religious folk" as you called us, maybe go back and look another look through the most gruesome pages of our history books. (That is, unless of course, all you want to see is the bad that's been done by people you feel you're better than.)

You say that the fact people need religion in order to give life meaning is kind of unfortunate, but where do you get your meaning in life? How did we all get here? WHY are we here? And what happens after this life? Go ahead and think of a creative, NON-Christian answer to those 4 questions. I'll wait.

And lastly, you ask where is Jesus is, and say that Christians killed him, destroying the idea of whoever the man was with all their hate. DUDE. All I can respond with is that you need to go learn about the bible before you go shooting your mouth off.

Maybe try functioning on a productive and constructive plane of existence once in awhile. That way, you just may be able to have a civilized, mature, and intelligent discussion about life someday. Maybe you'll even gain the ability to agree to disagree without spouting out a bunch of rhetoric garbage.

Just a thought.

16. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

SHOCKER!! A God hater has decided that all Christians decide that they are fine to disagree with others, but anyone who disagrees with them is trash.

SERIOUSLY......Grow up! NO one here ever said anything about it not being okay to disagree with anything. Where do you come up with this?!?! YOU are the one who decided to pop off about how apparently ridiculous it is to think Jesus worked for an hourly wage, then you declared your opinion that "Carpentry was probably just his side hobby." What specifically do you base this idiotic statement on?

17. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

Ancient rome was plenty unified with most of europe being under their dominion and almost the entire population being roman citizens, a military might not rivaled until the time of napoleon and culturally to this day most western country speak a romance language and have roman political institutions.
    It would have been perfectly fine with them for you to worship odin since they were religiously tolerant and could as a result assimilate almost everyone.

And while it is true that many scientist throughout history were religious many were also persecuted by religious authority and many other especially some of the most original thinkers like darwin, einstein, bohr, dirac, Oppenheimer etc were atheist or agnostic who are overrepresented in the science.

18. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

That was me who said Jesus was not a wagie and carpentry was prolly his side hobby btw. Not the other guy you are trying to argue with… You are the one who brought religion into my thread and then got butthurt when someone opposed your viewpoint. But I’m not an atheist or overly religious so I could care less.

How come you can’t agree to disagree? How come I can’t say anything at all if I don’t agree but you can. Hypocrite much?

19. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

No, I'm not a hypocrite. I can absolutely agree to disagree. But when someone who thinks his opinion is better than others tries to shoot his mouth off, I'm calling him out. You're the one who decided to tell us about the work Jesus did without having any real knowledge of Him. Nice try though.

20. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

And while we're on the subject of it being your post, do you really believe this:

"Life is just overwhelming more suffer than pleasure for most"

Because it kinda sounds like someone is just in a low spot and trying to play the victim. But if that's not what you're actually doing, then I guess I'll just agree to disagree with you, since that's what you wanted from me.