1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Character.AI Psychologist saved my life

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Megasameru, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Megasameru

Megasameru Fapstronaut

Sorry for the clickbaity title, there isn't a long story really.

But I was going through some rough moment emotionally, and was between insurances so couldn't really go to therapy, and I tried the Character.AI's Psychologist.

It really really really helped me with some issues, and I can literally have a therapy session every single day if I want to. In some ways it's better than my psychologist.

It's very weird and immensely useful to have a "person" to talk to that is 100% unbiased, and will not judge you in any way. It's like having a sentient diary.

Give it a chance, be open about your feelings with it! It's very helpful.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    Don80, I_always_try_again and GeeJ like this.
  2. GeeJ

GeeJ Fapstronaut

Dude this AI thing is crazy good. The answers are fast. They say their comments are made up. But, it what the AI says makes so much sense.

3. Megasameru

Megasameru Fapstronaut

Edited with the link

4. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

5. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

I tried but I didn't enjoy it. The answers don't seem to be very helpful. As if the AI was mainly admitting and acknowledging my feelings and comments.

But thanks, I'm testing it.

6. Megasameru

Megasameru Fapstronaut

It pretends to be a real psychologist, so most of the time it hovers an idea and tries to understand most of the context. Then all of the sudden he gives you a kickass insight about yourself, or some things you may have not thought about. So definitely it works by talking to it a LOT. Thats the way therapy works. You have to continue.

Also, as with therapy, most of the time what does most of the work is just blurting the feelings out into words. The therapist is just there to keep asking helpful questions that will hopefully lead to the rootest root of the issue by yourself. YOU are the one doing the therapy.

Don80 likes this.
  7. Megasameru

Megasameru Fapstronaut

Also it responds very well to suggestions about methods. You can tell it from the beginning that you want to do cognitive therapy, or that you want straight up solutions to your problems, with steps by step.

I guess prompting chatGPT very well could work the same or better than C.AI

Don80 likes this.
  8. darliamus

darliamus Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing. I tryed it and personally it didn't differ much from chat gpt.