1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Thanks! I'm back now, I had some work done on my computer and didn't have internet access for several days.

Keli, Low Tide High Tide and born3 like this.
  2. @marksaysay and @StuartR - the group is currently full but you have been added to the waiting list.

born3, marksaysay and StuartR like this.
  3. StuartR

StuartR Fapstronaut

Day 3 - Checking in..... Thanks for the support from everyone and good luck on your journey too

artifact likes this.
  4. krazzer

krazzer Fapstronaut

Checking in. 80 days!

Last week started a bit rough. I felt no motivation for work or anything. I started seeking distractions while working. Usually the starting sign of a downward spiral.

I could get out of it by setting new goals. Every quarter I make a goal board. Some financial goals, but mostly goals with things I can control. Like eating well, waking up early, focused work hours, running, fitness etc. This motivated be to get back on track again.

All in all, still a good week overall:
    - Could have done more work, but still not a bad week. I always track my effort, so I can see how well I perform in a week.
    - Went to a developer conference, and talked with some old colleagues and initiated conversation with some strangers.
    - Went to the hospital for checking my injured foot. This is also a big deal for me because I usually never get myself checked.
    - Finished the swing for the kids and did some other home jobs
    - I did volunteer work as a bartender on Saturday, where I met a very old friend which was very nice
    - Went to the theater with the kids on Sunday
    - Can't run for a while now because of injured foot, so I started cycling instead

My old life feels very far away for me now. Urges have been non existent. I feel that the more productive you are, or at least focus mostly on helping others, and doing something constructive, makes self-pleasuring less appealing. When you start building something, and you have some momentum, you just want to keep going.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  5. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in at the start of a brand new working week.

6. Checking in on day 5. Taking it one day at a time.

7. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

Checking and seeing I'm on a 6 day streak of no p. Feels good. Good luck to all!

born3, artifact and StuartR like this.
  8. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

I've found that as well. And certainly dating apps. I switched from Bumble to Hinge which is less swiping and see fewer profiles which has been helpful.

9. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

was proud of myself a few hours ago and just finished something stressful from work (at home) and really want to pmo. ugh. At worst maybe i'll just mo and p. The p starts me going too much and can end up in a place I don't want to be. May go for a walk.

born3, artifact and StuartR like this.
  10. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

4/4/1/1/4/2/6 days yuck

StuartR, born3 and artifact like this.
  11. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Tuve una leve caída en MO por leer lo q no debo . y decidi reiniciar..
    Porque me cuesta tanto decir q no?
    Me dejo llevar fácil por la tentación

12. StuartR

StuartR Fapstronaut

Beginning of Day 4 for me.... Felt some urges when I woke up but focused on what I plan to do so hopefully that helped. Good luck everyone and stay strong

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    born3 and artifact like this.
  13. Max Chickens

Max Chickens Fapstronaut

Reading MO? Is that normally what your trigger is? Books?

Keli likes this.
  14. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - went past the 140 day mark yesterday for PM. Feels good to say that.

Mara is back, artifact and Keli like this.
  15. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Felicidades..

Warren of fleabags and artifact like this.
  16. Keli

Keli Fapstronaut

Si
    Lectura erótica

17. zeke1993

zeke1993 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Getting really close to failing. Just tired of it all.

StuartR likes this.
  18. StuartR

StuartR Fapstronaut

Try not to give in.... It's tough I know as I had very big urges yesterday but managed to ride them out!

19. @krazzer - are you still with us? It appears you have turned off your counter.