1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE DUELS OF NOFAP REFORGED: NO PMO TOURNAMENT | OPEN FOR ALL

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Redemptionisrequired, Jun 6, 2023.

Has this thread help you progress on your nofap journey?

1. Yes, I've gone further than I have in the past.

28 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No, I'm keeping at around the same pace.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

That was kind of my point… as I was running 64 days with @HiddenWarrior and got nothing… until I win. Whilst others were getting points for short wins. The new system that gives 3 points per month seems much fairer… but reality is it’s all just a bit of fun whilst helping us quit our addictions.

2. Reghu

Reghu Fapstronaut

@voltex checking in.
    TV challenge day 3.

Kn0wbie, voltex, TideHunter and 2 others like this.
  3. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Brothers it seems I may have offended one or many of you by asking for support on the initial post of this thread, I was flagged for this, I apologize I did not realize it was against the community rules and was looking to build traction for the thread and expand our support group. There was no ego behind the request, sorry if it came off that way. It's possible that I become temporarily suspended for this, which is silly, but it is what it is. Have a good weekend brothers. Also @hollyman checking in brother!

@Semtex you up for the challenge brother?

I understand brothers, take the time you need and get stronger. Whenever you would like to return please feel free to do so.

I value both your opinions brothers and I am open to ideas for improvement to the challenge. There are a few things in your posts. First @Semtex let me address the point restart, although I agree with your thought that there is meaning in maintaining score, you also have to understand that there are certain people who will feel defeated and depressed seeing that score. The opportunity for a reset can give them a fresh start/clean slate and an opportunity to continue without those feelings. Bear in mind there is also a section of duels of nofap history reforged that includes all the duels that occurred, all the same.

Regarding the point system, what would you both suggest? Currently the points are rewarding the winner of the duel, not the length of the streak. I also see value in a someone who goes the distance, which is why after a given period (i.e 1 month the person who loses does not lose a point, 2 months they get +1 so on so forth) compared to before wear a loss, no matter how long the duel, resulted in -1 on the scoreboard. Also, perhaps, I can add more titles that can be achieved individually? Please let me know and I will update upon our community agreement.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  4. KOmega

KOmega Fapstronaut

5. hollyman

hollyman Fapstronaut

Checking in too bro @Redemptionisrequired

Holidays mean war because i tend to be a lazy man sitting in the couch playing mobile phone

I need ti be productive and try to solved my problems

6. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 4

Had a very powerful hypnosis session today. I think I removed a very toxic program.

Running low on fuel so I think I'll just go to bed early... Hope I don't get woken up, but know I will.

7. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

Check in

8. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

I'm supposed to take on the top dog? Alright.

9. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

@Redemptionisrequired ad restart. If the duel history is preserved, I'm all for it. I'd say 3 months is a good length. Q4 starts soon so it could be a good time for a reset.

There's still one problem I see with the reset - if the goal is to have a clean start, you should also reset all ongoing duels - let all running duels at the end of the season end with a draw and start new duels in the new season... Except that limits the maximum length of a duel. And we have 2 chads in a duel right now that has been going for almost 4 months.

10. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

@Redemptionisrequired as I said, I'm fine with whatever the setting is. But if you're up for a change I suggest this - make it simpler. The rules are a bit hard to penetrate, at least for me. Award points for 1. victory in a duel 2. length of a duel, that's it. No subtractions for a loss, no gains for a draw.

For example, in this legendary battle:

if we gave 3 points for a win and 1 point extra for each week, Kn0wbie would get 3+9 and HiddenWarrior would get 0+9.

As for how many points should be awarded for each, I don't know. Giving 3 for a win is arbitrary, it's that way in ice hockey but that doesn't mean it's the best setting for us. It actually bothered me so much I punched it into a simulation: https://codepen.io/Johann-Goethe/pen/oNJeOPG
    Check it out and look what would the current scorechart look like under different configurations. It took me about 3 hours to do lol, I hope it will be of some use.

11. Simorgh

Simorgh Fapstronaut

12. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

I like the idea of points for length of abstinence, although not weekly. I also like the idea of no subtractions for a loss, given the aspect I mentioned before. I will not be removing the draw aspect, as its happened where certain people have over a month long duel and both relapse within the same day, giving them nothing for the duel itself, which is the primary aspect of this thread, is not fair.

I'll introduce a 1 point for every 2 weeks of abstinence, but the 3 points for a less than 1 month win remains. If you check the front page it also advises that as you pass a month, it's +6 points for a win, it increases with every coming month, same for a draw same for a loss.

As for the reset, I disagree with you. If someone opts to reset their score, that is their choice. I will not wipe other peoples points for that. Also, given we started mid year, I prefer to wait more longterm to propose a new season. At minimum a year and even then, I'm not certain I will do that.

Annoucement !!

After discussing with @Semtex , I'm going to be removing the negative impact of a loss. You will just not gain any points for a loss. Everyone in NEGATIVE points will be returned to zero points. Also, moving forward each duel will win an additional point for every 2 weeks of abstinence.

The rest will benefit from the new rules starting today, I am not going to backtrack on all the duels to remove points lost for those in the positive, as it is too time consuming and I already put in quite a bit of time to sustain this thread.

Toni7, luxtorpeda, voltex and 6 others like this.
  13. voltex

voltex Fapstronaut

check in

14. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

So I’m now top dog? I guess i can live with that!

TopDog checking in with @Semtex - day one!

15. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

Right back at ya. I'm trying a new approach, I'll stay off the website and come in just once a week to check in, probably Sundays - or when I relapse, obviously. Hope you don't mind too much! See you in a week.

16. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Do go relapsing on me buddy! I want a long fight!

17. luxtorpeda

luxtorpeda Fapstronaut

I'm back and checking in!

18. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

19. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Day 2 with @Semtex

Six months since 18th March when I quit PMO forever!

20. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Godd. How it was?
    Checking in!