1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE DUELS OF NOFAP REFORGED: NO PMO TOURNAMENT | OPEN FOR ALL

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Redemptionisrequired, Jun 6, 2023.

Has this thread help you progress on your nofap journey?

1. Yes, I've gone further than I have in the past.

28 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No, I'm keeping at around the same pace.

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. hollyman

hollyman Fapstronaut

Checking in too

I tried to exercise if i had some time,, but i did it almost everyday even if its just 100 squat without weight, yes discipline is needed

2. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Allright. Got you. Have a great time.

3. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

@hollyman Checking in brother! Well done, something is better than nothing. And 100 squats is not a small feat.

4. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 2

A bit of a challenge to adjust to, but I got a better sleep last night with the earbud strategy than I have for awhile. Still not a full one, but that's coming!

@Simorgh if you think this is a tough battle so far, just wait till I get a full nights sleep!

5. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 3 with @fortissimoBlues whilst i celebrate a massive 180 day streak!!!!

6. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

7. TideHunter

TideHunter Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother

8. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

9. Panna

Panna Fapstronaut

well fought goodluck buddy

Simorgh, TideHunter, Talz and 2 others like this.
  10. fortissimoBlues

fortissimoBlues Fapstronaut

Yesterday I started binging chocolate, then binging alcohol, I continued with installing & playing a certain video game, I then smoked a cigarette and eventually ended up fapping.
    I cannot abstain from fapping if I don't abstain completely from alcohol because I can't manage to jsut drink moderately.

Sorry, @Kn0wbie . I let you down, too. I was 95% sure I had it all under control and the 76 days were just the beginning. Congrats to your 180 day mark.

voltex, TideHunter, Talz and 2 others like this.
  11. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Oh buddy!!!! Sorry!! And I thought we were gonna make it till Christmas!!!

12. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

looks like I need “another” new duel partner @Redemptionisrequired - are there any left?

13. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Congratulations brother well done!

Brother, although these are duels, remember that the true enemy is overcoming the addiction. We are here to support one another. Focus on analyzing what lead you to relapse in the first place and move from there, always actively create a diagram of the situation and develop a plan to overcome it next time it arises. Never be shy to ask for support amongst the others here.

As for scores, there will be an opportunity to reset scores if someone prefers at the start of the new year, and quarterly after that. As to not get discouraged.

76 days is a great score brother! It's very interesting to see that one dopamine hit lead to craving more and more until it became a dopamine binge. Not drinking is doable, haven't had alcohol in 10 years, I wasn't exactly drinking much before that though, I just never saw the appeal. Just opt for sparkling water when you got out with your bros, they might give you a hard time at first but there may be some who envy your discipline. Just don't make it a big deal is all.

Proposed duels

@fortissimoBlues vs @Semtex
    @Kn0wbie vs @Panna

Do you accept brothers?

I will update the scores/active duels/duels history either tomorrow or Saturday as it's been rather busy on my end.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    TideHunter, Toni7, Semtex and 2 others like this.
  14. Panna

Panna Fapstronaut

no I am gonna have a little break

15. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 3

So after sleeping with the earbuds last night I didn't like the way my ears felt this morning... I don't want to cause permanent hearing damage and I was really blasting it. There is this great rain sound that seems to work best so far, so I might just play it in the background with earplugs and see if that combo works. It is too harsh with earbuds when at higher volumes (and I feel high volume is required in this situation).

@fortissimoBlues I used to be a very heavy drinker so I feel you on this. I drank almost daily (and heavily) at my height. That was an addiction I kicked long before coming here, I didn't yet understand PMO was a real addiction or what it was doing to me. Now in the rare instance I drink I don't see how I liked it so much... It's hard to get down, plus makes me very sick if I drink too much of it. Part of that is probably age...

16. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Guess I’m still waiting for someone who wants to take me on @Redemptionisrequired

17. fortissimoBlues

fortissimoBlues Fapstronaut

Thanks, but with the exception of the meditation challenge I am going to refrain from all challenges for now.
    I have the feeling that they may be somewhat counterproductive to some people. Many fail right after reaching 90 days. I even saw someone relapsing straight after he completed the 500 day challenge. Dueling is more open-ended and definetly better than having time-based goals, but I don't feel like I would profit from it right now. Still, thanks for your effort. It's much appreciated.

Yeah, I need to get to that point as well. I can't even enjoy drinking because it doesn't feel good physically anymore because of IBS and my hangovers the next days are from another world. But still, once I start I can't stop.
    I quit drinking along with PMO. So it's also a 77 day no drinking streak that unfortunately ended as well. Being hungover is also a main trigger to pmo in my case.

Kn0wbie, Toni7, TideHunter and 2 others like this.
  18. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

I don't want history removed, it's good to have a record of past attempts

Kn0wbie, TideHunter, Talz and 2 others like this.
  19. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Whereas I’m enjoying being too of the table now… having found myself in 18th place on the old system!!

20. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

I don't really care about the points.

If you do want to run the challenge seriously as a sports league with seasons and such, it's not a bad idea. But you'd have to revamp the points system. Because right now it doesn't reward long abstinence properly. For example, my buddy Panna has put up a 12-day streak and a continuing 8-day streak and he has 2 points, meanwhile HiddenWarrior went clean for 64 days and has 1 point. Also, you can't just let people decide whether or not they want to restart the counters, you have to restart them for everyone for the scorechart to have any meaning.