1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse engineering tinder: My results posing as a woman on tinder

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SelfImprovement1510, Aug 6, 2023.

1. SelfImprovement1510

SelfImprovement1510 Fapstronaut

Hey Guys,

Prologue:
    I have been conducting a bit of a social experiment over the last week. A female friend and I were comparing notes about tinder, she was complaining about guys always been sleezy, messaging her out of the blue asking she wants to have sex in the first message, making some type of sexual remark off the get go, etc. She said that she hasn't been on any dates with anyone from tinder as most guys don't seem genuine. She showed me the messages that guys would send to her and a lot of them were really vulgar from the get go.

She then asked me about my experience on tinder (when I did use the app), I was honest with her and told her that I previously had extremely hard luck with online dating, barely getting matches, paying for gold or boosts crossing my fingers and toes that it would work to no avail. I told her my behavior on tinder was very civil, I wasn't one of these dudes asking to send a girl a dick-pic off the bat, but would just ask honestly how they were doing, take interest in their activities, hobbies, etc, which in theory should be the right thing to do.

We decided to do a swap of our tinder accounts. We created fresh tinder accounts with each others pictures, created a bio for each other, whoever could get a date from someone genuine for the other wins.

My Results:
    The minute I set up the account, I am talking a literal minute here, I got notifications for 4 matches in that minute. My phone was going off at least every 20 seconds at first when I got a new match. At first I tried to swipe right on guys with interesting profiles that showed a collection of interests, hobbies, travel, with a good bio that seemed serious.

To be completely honest, I feel like 90% of the guys on tinder have really bad bios when looking back on all the bios I read. 9/10 bios had something like "Kid isn't mine" or "Oh let me right this later", nothing really interesting detailing their hobbies, experiences, profession, travels, challenges, etc. To be honest, this made me second guess myself, because I had a bio with everything aforementioned and had no success.

With the conversations I had with men, all were started by them, I didn't start any. Here's how the conversations started:
    20% Providing their instagram or snapchat username
    15% Sending a gif
    35% Saying something vulgar
    30% With a basic opener, e.g "Hi, hru"

With the guys just providing links to their social media, I just ignored these as no conversation has taken place.

Gifs I just replied with another gif, majority of these conversations were just sharing memes and not really going anywhere so these conversations faded.

35% of guys saying something vulgar I ignored as these guys were just coomers who probably have never heard of nofap before.

With the 30% of guys just being basic, I feel like they were always trying to steer the conversation sexually, not really asking about anything of interest or discussing their hobbies, most of them after 3-4 exchanges would be like "Oh when can we meet up" for example which I just through was a bit abrupt.

The Outcome:
    This lead me made me feel bad about myself in the end to be honest. Because at the end of my experiment I thought "Damn, is this really the competition?" It really made me contemplate if I was genuinely that unattractive to the opposite sex. The conclusion I drew from this was no, I am just being buried by all the coomers.

I have to say, managing a woman's tinder account literally felt like a part-time job. My phone going off constantly, at least once every half an hour to alert me about the new like. The ratio of guys to girls on tinder in my city is around 12:1. So even if you are some "Good looking Gigachad" (I hate talking in these meme terminologies btw) you're just going to get buried in messages from people trolling or asking for casual sex.

My Next Steps:
    Honestly, my next step is just continue to not use any dating apps at all. I have set a goal for my self-improvement to ask out a girl in person by next Sunday. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't then ehhh. But will try to be a lot of more engaged actively in public.

What does every think of my experiment? Any questions, feedback, comments, etc are highly highly appreciated.

Thank you

2. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Great social experiment, it was interesting to read this perspective and to see who our competition truly is on dating apps

I am wondering though, what was your girl that is a friend, what was her experience using the dating app with your profile?

you didn’t provide any analysis of her experience using your (a guys) account

Talz likes this.
  3. pete379

pete379 Fapstronaut

I
    also would like to know this, and her thoughts

Talz likes this.
  4. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

5. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Well as a woman you must learn to filter. There are good guys out there.

Talz likes this.
  6. nfpexperiment

Well proves that women get lots of attention in tinder, for average guys it aint that easy on tinder.

7. Branchman

Branchman Fapstronaut

I am tempted to do the same but in my city of course.

I have used tinder (at the begining because one friend convinced me o_O, later because bored) and my experience was similar to yours, I tried to get to know girls but, pretty few matches, and the matched girls some don´t seem interested in the conversation or don´t reply.

I think there will always be simps talking and approaching woman. It is part of our nature as men to be the hunters, but nowadays that has made women feel like unreachable.

8. SelfImprovement1510

Hey Guys,

Sorry for late reply, I posted this last night before I went to bed (had a busy day), thank you for all your replies.

As for my female friends experience on tinder being me, it was typical. She said throughout the whole time I only got something like 4 matches for me, all of them ghosted, which is nothing new.

Sorry for not adding this in the OP, but yea, she was actually really surprised how hard the average guy had it on tinder and apps.

9. SelfImprovement1510

To be honest, I think the results are pretty universal. Definitely do the experiment, if you get different results to me, I would be keen to know.

10. nfpexperiment

So like some say, the stats prove ,the women are all affer the top 10% of males, the chads and the rich propably, ok, dont get angry at the stats.

11. SelfImprovement1510

It is what it is, I guess. That's why I personally don't encourage use of the dating apps. I feel like even if you are a top 10% of guys, you get buried in the trash on Tinder.

12. nfpexperiment

Yes average joes has it hard in dating world, dating apps has ruined it for the average joes,the women are after the chads, people get angry at the stats.