1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you get ripped just exercising from home?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Prochon, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Prochon

Prochon Fapstronaut

I don't really like going to the gym or using the training equipments. I much prefer using my own bodyweight to exercise. At the same time though, I wanna get rid of my love handles and flatten my belly and hopefully get some definition on my abs.

Is it possible to get definition on your abs by just doing push-ups and leg raises for example? Can I get defined muscle by just training at home with only a training mat?

Josh14, ZenYogi, Ketherlonk and 2 others like this.
  2. Bigpj87

Bigpj87 Fapstronaut

Its possible for sure but I will say that the biggest part of getting rid of love handles and losing fat in general comes down to your nutrition more than your training. Its true when people say that you can't out run or out train a bad diet.

Josh14, ZenYogi and Ketherlonk like this.
  3. I think if you are just starting out it would be a good start, but in order to keep progressing I think you'll need to get some equipment. Since you don't like going to the gym, have you thought about getting some resistance bands? They are a lot cheaper then dumbbells and can provide you the resistance training you would need. I like a brand called Bodylastics. They also offer free workout videos (they have a premium pay section but I don't use that part) so you can use them in the proper way and it makes it easy to follow a workout plan.

As the previous response said, you need to focus on nutrition too. I always say working out is the easy part. Generally my workouts take about an hour, so it's the other 23 hours per day that can be tough with all the food temptations out there.

4. Magic Bullets

Magic Bullets Fapstronaut

I can very well understand people not liking going to the gym, however I do think most people at the least need a good foundation training with weights. The first few months is where the vast majority of where your gains come from, from then on it is pretty much all about maintenance. That even applies to guys who hope on the gear, that first cycle is usually the most productive. Having said that diet is more than three quarters of what you do in the gym and fitness in general. I

Ketherlonk likes this.
  5. Magic Bullets

6. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Sure, but you would need some equipment like dumbells etc. to target and increase specific muscles. Gym is a great extra, it provides more equipment for building muscles. But for building muscles and get ripped you don't need a gym but a regular training-plan and great nutrition to burn fat and build muscles at the same time.

ZenYogi and Ketherlonk like this.
  7. FREDY28 @

FREDY28 @ New Fapstronaut

Pues yo voy 7 meses haciendo solamente ejercicio en casa, con ejercicios con el propio peso corporal, pero el problema es que es dificil sobrecargar los ejercicios, aunque si he visto cambios significativos, como dices en el abdomen, aunque la nutricion es mas importante que el entrenamiento, (si se puede definir el cuerpo en casa, solo cuida tu alimentacion y duerme bien) y conpra unas bandas elasticas para tener resistencia e investiga mas a fondo lo que puedes comprar para mejorarte fisicamente desde casa

Ketherlonk likes this.
  8. Magic Bullets

9. Magic Bullets

(920) Fat BURNING Workout FULL BODY - YouTube

This is another great channel very low impact, you can really get your heart rate up and breath pretty heavily doing these short intense workouts. Lot of cool plyo moves thrown in, very fun workouts.

10. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I agree with everyone on food plan being essential.

Eat freaking clean and balanced! Like very small amounts of treat food per week

The power tower workouts will be enough from there

11. Magic Bullets

Exactly and combine the hitt and burpees stuff. Very important also to get serious about training your core. Try not to get too caught up in the Bodybuilding hype. Keep it simple and train hard.

12. AModernMiroku

AModernMiroku Fapstronaut

@Magic Bullets : The Full Body exercise looked pretty great--it looked doable & could be met by different degrees of expertise (or lack thereof).

My problem is...

...there are just so many videos. So. Many.

Do you know of any that design a kind of balanced program (weekly, monthly, etc.)? Or, do you have a playlist that you cycle through for a balanced approach (for sake of resting a portion of the body; keeping the body "surprised" & challenged, if I might say so; for sake of interest; etc.)?

That is my difficulty in these sorts of things. I thrive off of order & programs...& just hopping through different videos might not be wise (for the body) or efficient (for gains or even my own time in trying to get the "perfect" routine).

In short: Do you have any more suggestions that look more like a program?

13. Magic Bullets

My initial recommendation would be Iron Wolf however you would have to sort through his channel to tailor what workout would be right for you. He also has a series of challenges for different levels. If you want to go hardout and bight the bullet I would say go for it. I have sent a link to a guy who gives great advise on home workouts and burpees, this dude is a Scotsman and a real character, if he doen't get you enthused I don't know who would.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_30JQXleOwYinFKJe_EhQ

ZenYogi likes this.
  14. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

15. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Yes 100% you can do it. Bodyweight is sustainable too.

if you have just a mat then I recommend doing squat push up and situp. Maybe a Superman hold too.

if you have a power tower like the relife one off Amazon or the doorway bar like iron gym. You can do a pull-up too. I have the re life tower and I do squat dip pullup superman and situp . It’s awesome and so inexpensive and time efficient.

Warmup with some jumping jacks and whatever

Om the doorway bar you must make sure the homeowner is ok with it scuffing the paint up on the doorway.

my mom didn’t mind she just repainted it and sold the home later.

that’s why I got a power tower no scuff

but the cap barbell squat rack is by far the best option for a freestanding pull-up bar at $90 it outperforms all the other fancier nonsense like baseblocks or fithomegym or any power tower I’ve used

Re life power tower review

the towers just small and fits in my apartment is all. The dip bars on it are nice. The pull-up ones good if you can handle the angled wide grip or are down for close grip pull-ups

16. Magic Bullets

I firmly believe Pullups, Chinups, Dips, Kettlebell Swings and Burpees should be the foundation of a quality workout regime.

OhWhenThe and JoeBimbo like this.
  17. gordonfreeman14603

gordonfreeman14603 Fapstronaut

As @Magic Bullets said above, it increases your core and i think that's quite important for further development in any situation.

18. Newwaters22

Newwaters22 Fapstronaut

Doable! At the worse of my addiction I was weighting close to 100 kg. After deciding to get it together I started to learn about nutrition and fitness. In about 5ish months I was weighting 75 kilos and In pretty good shape.

Was always very active and did sports so that may have helped losing weight. On the other hand, for most of that time I did intermittent fasting and got into anabolic cooking. Greg Doucette has a lot about this on his channel, love the French toast recipe. Eventually I transitioned into a normal eating schedule and diet but that helped me to lose the weight fast.

When it comes to the actual work outs, I did it through the reddit calisthenics routine, (there is a whole sub for bodyweight) with nothing but three pipes that screwed to my garage ceiling for chin up's and other bodyweight excersices and some workout matt's for the floor. As I progressed I incorporated more equipment. For cardio I was doing p90x plyometrics (freaking killer workout) and hiit workouts that seemed fitting from YouTube

19. Magic Bullets

These channels and the other ones on these posts are the future of fitness. Ever since gyms closed during Covert people flooded to this kind of training and realised how good it is. The popularity of these channels isn't going away either as the economy gets tougher.

JLD likes this.