1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

2. Absence

Absence Fapstronaut

3. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

4. Tiburon727

Tiburon727 Fapstronaut

I have been walking around in circles in Hobbiton. Day 0 for now. Feel okay and not willing to give up.

Baki Hanma, Vicegerent, Ūruz and 3 others like this.
  5. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 17

Had a few meetings this morning and then took the afternoon off as TOIL. Was good to have a walk around town and then a relaxed afternoon, although I was struck by a sudden urge to relapse when I got home - literally a split second change in my mood.

The urge was easy enough to dismiss, but it felt odd for it to be so sudden and so strong. Had a nice evening out and back at college tomorrow, looking forward!

6. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

15 days
    Low urges yesterday, some problems to write here. I have my coworker really next to me so It's difficult to make some time to enter. I had a date with a girl who is my friend from a long time ago I like her but it's a little wierd. I always not as secure when I start to date someone.
    Today I worked out and took a cold shower.
    Keep strong my brothers

7. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Sorry to read that brother but how you wrote, relapse is just part of the jurney. The main purpose of this is to do it less than before. If we do that, we are making progress. We had this addiction (at least for me) more than the half of my life, so I know that will not be eassy nor fast neither, so keep strong and remember to hang out with friends, that always helps.

8. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

9. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

It's more like using the failire as an excuse to fail. But your idea goes to another level an might actually be what we do subconsciously :D

10. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 4

I am in the danger zone. My wife is mad at me, I don't know if I will work from home or from the office. If I will work from home, then I can say good bye to this streak.

I will do my best to make going to the office available. I have 0 capability to fight PMO right now.

I have a lot of interesting things going on in my life, I don't want to be wasting my time on PMO.

11. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Checking in, relapsed again regrettably. I will never give up on this, however i must improve and become more disciplined!

Day 0 - Hobbit, The Shire

12. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

29 days

@Tiburon727 that's all that matters :)

@CALM IN SUFFERING I feel you brother. Avoiding the opportunity to relapse might not sound very honorable but it's a necessity in times of danger. I hope you can figure things out with your wife soon.

@Vicegerent I want to share some trick that helped my with studying and now even helps with working: I sat down at the desk and forced myself to either do nothing or study. After some time of doing nothing interest in the subject increased again and I studied automatically. Once my concentration left I did nothing again. Maybe that helps

13. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

14. Vicegerent

Vicegerent Fapstronaut

I am doing something really different. Perhaps even stupid. I don’t know. I’ll share about it when I get to like 15 days using this strategy. It did seem to work yesterday. Anyways,… I have been gaining some momentum. External distraction are for now disturbing me. But they’ll all be done today.

@PeaceOnEarth108 If studying is hard, doing nothing is harder! Almost makes me want to burst into laughter. Hahah,… Your technique,.. I will definitely give it a try. I’ll be sure to let you know how it worked. Thank you, fellow elf.

Anyways,… good luck to all.

15. Vicegerent

Vicegerent Fapstronaut

@CALM IN SUFFERING Honestly,… I had made a typographical error there. But who knows; “Mistakes sometimes give rise new ideas, new opportunities.” Haha…

Good luck fellow,..good luck! I pray you get over all the difficult times. And find lasting happiness soon, very very soon.

16. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

17. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 266
    @PeaceOnEarth108 and @Vicegerent , brothers, I use Pomodoro technique to study and my other work. It's a nice strategy and easy to follow it:)

18. Absence

Absence Fapstronaut

19. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

20. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut