1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Semen Retention and Testosterone

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by A Conqueror, Aug 20, 2022.

1. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Note: the following is a report of a 28yo who kept track of his testosterone before and during SR. I must add that according to him, he was having wet dreams aproximately every 6-7 days during the whole retaining period.
    [​IMG]

2. MasturTainer

MasturTainer Fapstronaut

Saw this on reddit its good motivation to keep going

JLD and A Conqueror like this.
  3. desmond3

desmond3 Fapstronaut

Good stuff!

The testosterone level also depends on other factors like the season and living habits. But it cannot be denied that the initial increase during the first few months of SR is very noticeable.

JLD and A Conqueror like this.
  4. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

Excellent post. :)

A Conqueror likes this.
  5. hollyman

hollyman Fapstronaut

Briliant thank you

Since my country banning reddit i cant aee this post until u bring it

A Conqueror likes this.
  6. Vertigo1984

Vertigo1984 Fapstronaut

Very motivational post. Thanks!

A Conqueror likes this.
  7. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Good for him but I wonder if after an extended period it starts going down again? I.e. your body says, I'm not getting any sex so why should I keep pumping out testosterone and it turns its energies elsewhere? Full disclosure, I have been retaining 18+ months and think this may be happening with me, therefore the question.

Al_KSNDR likes this.
  8. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

A valid concern. The use of testosterone isn't only in the making of semen, it deals with strenght, muscle, bone tissue.
    Maybe it's true that a good chunk of the production would cease after a long time due to lack of ejacultion or use of the produced semen, and after the body learning to reabsorb it time after time. But even if that's true, I think it's worth absorbing the would-be testosterone for other purpose in the body, rather than having a higher testosterone level on paper (through sexual stimulus), just to throw it away and waste the energy via ejaculation. It would be like boasting a higher salary but paying 90% in taxes vs having a lower salary but paying no taxes at all

Personally I don't think your levels should drop, especially if you live a hard and healthy lifestyle with good nutrition and physical activity

Conqueror_J47 likes this.
  9. Very nice thanks for the docs .

10. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

good post, thank you for it. i have been thinking about doing testosterone tests but i think this might help me to believe that sr does indeed boost testosterone. also about it dropping down at the end, i see no problem about it, too high testosterone can be bad as well. also it is still twice the amount it was before he started so major gain. would like to know if it will decline even more though as time progresses. but thanks for sharing!

11. Sleeperhead

Sleeperhead Fapstronaut

Seems the main effect of testosterone is to ensure reproduction.

When you are most fertile i.e. you have several months of semen retention then your testosterone levels are elevated to make you seek sex. Then when an opportunity to mate with a fertile female comes along your testosterone levels sky-rocket, bang her a few times and move on, or keep her around to mate with her again next month.

Either way human mating behaviour is cyclical, usually sexual activity until satiation followed by large periods of abstinence when you get ready for the next opportunity to mate to come along.

If you are not engaging in sexual thoughts and you are completely clean then it makes sense that your testosterone levels would drop because your body thinks that there are not any opportunities to mate at present. I think testosterone highly depends on your state of mind and current environment.

12. Conqueror_J47

Conqueror_J47 Fapstronaut

True story:
    Some days when i go running (like yesterday), i run so much i begin to overhear some ignorant remarks from idiots like: "he must have taken 'codeine' or something." Crazy.

If they only knew where all that energy is coming from. Testosterone.