1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it rough where you live?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, May 28, 2022.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I kind of want to move away from my hometown. As I have got a bit older I thought things weren't as bad these days, and most people had seemed to improve with age, so becoming better people, less childish etc.

But I was out the the pub on Friday night, and it was really busy, and the behavior of a lot of people there was unbelievable how bad it was. More or less just pure thugs with no sense of right and wrong.

It kind of makes me want to get away from my hometown. So people out and drunk, it just seems like it can actually be dangerous the way a lot of peoples behavior goes on alcohol. Like I said I thought that things were better, thinking when people get into their late 20's, 30's, 40's, that people seem to behave much better, know right from wrong, and have grown up.

But tbh with you, when I actually see people in my hometown, particularly when people are drinking alcohol, things seem as bad as ever. No word of a lie, it seems like many people in their 30's are not acting much different from what they acted when they were 15, in terms of their behavior etc.

I live in the UK, and when I was in my teens, there was actually a really terrible culture in terms of neds, chavs etc. But it seems like for a very long time all that nonsense mainly died out. But it somewhat seems as if it's coming back. I have noticed a lot of dodgy people in their late teens, 20's etc, acting like neds, chavs etc. Just really rough sort of thing. Groups of people that would jump someone in a heartbeat for basically no reason, attack them with a weapon etc.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  2. There's your problem.

I mean, I've never had to be around people like that... I also don't hang out in pubs or bars. I think those things are probably related.

Your post seems to be mentioning alcohol a lot. Why not just stop drinking and hanging out in bars if you don't like being around drunk people? I've literally never hung out with drunk people in my entire life, because I don't drink or go to parties where people are getting drunk. I have no desire at all to hang out with a bunch of drunk people. That sounds miserable to me.

The types of social events I go to involve a lot of people laughing, having great conversations, playing board games or video games, maybe some outdoor games if the weather is nice, getting to know each other better, etc. That sounds a million times more enjoyable to me than hanging out in a bar.

Pentatonic likes this.
  3. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Variety is the spice of life

It takes all kinds to make up this weird and wonderful world

have one more on the house, 3 for the price of 2….

different horses , different courses