1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's better than sex?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jrmz94, May 23, 2022.

1. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

Just curious, can anyone think of a better feeling than have sex with a smoking hot chick? I heard cocaine and meth has a higher dopamine high than sex. It doesn't have have to be drugs, maybe it's some kind of accomplishment. Btw winning the lottery doesn't count

Nathan4 and Revanthegrey like this.
  2. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

3. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

Almost anything, really. Sex is extremely overrated and the anticipation is always much better than the act.

4. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Interesting question. When my favourite artist of all time, Lana Del Rey, played my favourite song of all time at the time, Serial Killer, for the first time at a concert, I think I had a glimpse of heaven. It was pleasure. Pure. Undiluted.

Similar experience, when at a festival concert MØ got into the crowd, and sang my favourite song of hers, Pilgrim, looking at me dead in the eyes and putting her hand on my shoulder during the chorus, I thought, how can this be ever topped? This is what I'm alive for.

Music for me is by far the closest thing to orgasming tbh

5. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Thinking about it - there's also experiences like, drinking soda after a half marathon, unboxing something you wanted for years, touching the ground in a country you've always wanted to visit after a flight, seeing a loved one after months, realising a song is your favourite one, meeting your idol..

Maybe it's because I'm a virgin, but man, I'd take any of these over PMO any day of the year.

6. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

7. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

The presence of God.
    No one brings peace, joy and serenity like Jesus.

8. Dr. Howard

Dr. Howard Fapstronaut

So true. Once you get what you wanted so badly, it never lives up to expectations.

m9damn and 183.204 g/mol like this.
  9. [​IMG]

PrioritySystem and Revanthegrey like this.
  10. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

11. Fantasia

Fantasia Fapstronaut

Western sex Cult is an overrated ideology and pratice. The mind of the westerns just reached a point were Sex is the only thing that really matter in youngs, because we have no ideals and we xan't develop anything else. Sex make us busy. You'll see in some decades, we can see the first seeds of what will happen.

Kieran2121 likes this.
  12. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

13. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Happiness can be divided into four stages: Sensory < Thought/Emotional < Intellectual < Spiritual

Sensory pleasures like sex, gaining money, watching tv shows etc are lowest form of pleasure. Indulging in these pleasures always leaves you unsatisfied and they have a limit to how much you can enjoy them. After a certain level, it doesn't matter how much money you earn, it will not make you happy, after a certain level, you can't enjoy television shows or movies, you will start to feel like nothing is interesting nowadays, even sex becomes a useless task, you simply do that because you dont have access to a higher level pleasure. You need a cool down period to enjoy them again. Beyond certain threshold limit, you can't gain more happiness from sense objects, they have a cool down time. If a person still tries to gain more pleasure from sense objects, he will end up frustrated and depressed. This is kind of a cycle - you try to run behind happiness, but you are not able to enjoy it after certain limit, then during cooldown time, you become depressed and then to regain your earlier happiness level you again run behind sense pleasure, but again the threshold limit is reached and you again become depressed. The cycle goes on and on.

Thought or emotional pleasure are happiness gained from friends, family, love and bonding etc, they are much better than indulging in sensory pleasure since they can be enjoyed for a longer duration of time without cooldown period, many people fall in love and the entire world becomes a heaven for them, they enjoy their work, they do all small things to make their partner happy, and yet it somehow makes them happy, many people remain in these states for months or even years before becoming normal, friendship also have similar kind of cycle. Because of low cooldown time, it takes you longer before you become frustrated because of these pleasures.

Intellectual happiness is when you are intensely focused on your work, it is when you are in flow state. In this state, sometimes you experience time dilation, like a passionate programmer continuously working on a code, a artist composing a song or something else, the work you enjoy the most, that you even forgot to eat lunch or dinner, sometimes you go like "Oh! It's already 3am, I will sleep after doing this last thing" and yet you are not able to sleep because you keep thinking about what else you will do, that work even comes into your dreams. This type of happiness is obviously greater than both sense and emotional pleasures, it is much longer lasting.

Happiness born out of contribution is a mixture of Intellectual happiness and spiritual happiness, when you do something for someone without thinking what you will get out of this help, when you donate purely from heart or when you join some social relief work. It is way more satisfying then sex or watching anime or even focusing on your work. It gives you calmness in your soul. It makes you happy because you know you did something good for someone.

Spiritual happiness is obviously the greatest pleasure, it is the pleasure born out of meditation. The joy of completely unfolding awareness, the joy born out of self realization. It cannot be described, it needs to be experienced. It has no cooldown period and it is never ending. It is gives greatest satisfaction, that's why many people in ancient time left their families and normal lives to follow Buddha or any other spiritual leader.
    (Like Einstein gave equation E=mc^2, you can't deny it simply because you don't understand it, you know you will reach the same conclusion if you too follow the rules and learn physics for sometime, similarly just because you haven't experienced this joy till now, don't deny it. To achieve spiritual freedom you need to follow certain routines, simply reciting prayers without being aware of why you are doing that wont help.)

Yoga and Vedant tells us that we need to climb this happiness ladder, most people are stuck in sensory pleasure and they never climb above lower rung. When you try to maximize your pleasure at a certain level of ladder instead of climbing it, you end up depressed and frustrated. Instead of moving to emotional pleasure if you simply try to gain more pleasure by earning more money, or more objects, more sex etc, you will simply end up depressed. Similarly if you truly want to enjoy your life, you will have to go ahead of emotional pleasure to intellectual pleasure, if you don't you will simply end up frustrated out of love etc. And even when you are playing at three levels, little bit of contribution towards society can make you and your loved ones extremely satisfied, it will reduce your frustration level by a great degree. And finally above all, you can gain spiritual freedom.
    You dont need to worry about leaving PMO and other addictions, once you are playing at a higher level, lower pleasures automatically falls away. It's like if you have access to GTA V, why will you play tic tac toe.

Science of Happiness | NoFap®

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  14. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

There's this brief moment I encounter when I let loose a flying 540 kick, where if I do it just right, I feel the entire weight of my body shift in ways most people wouldn't dare to think, arms pile-driving at a diagonal angle into the curve of the launch movement. In that moment, where the arms move into their position, and my back foot has lifted off to guide the follow-through, there's a beautiful silence of life in entirety, as I swing, airborne, into an impact on some poor punching bag, my boot cracking off a sound like body hitting the pavement off a steep dive. That little moment, less than half a second I'm sure, is one of the few I derive any pleasure from. I don't think I'll ever truly need sex if I can keep replicating that moment.

15. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

I think many things are better than sex. Sex has a bitter aftertaste if you ejaculate (which is most of the time). Sex can get compulsive quickly and ejaculation drains you of vital energy and nutrients.

But I don’t think you can ask this question in such a general sense, because it completely depends on the other person you are having sex with. With some person it would be lots of fun while with the other it would not feel good or just be boring.

I would say winning the lottery is always better than sex, but I’m not allowed to answer that.

Brahmacharya_UK and R92B like this.
  16. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

I would say, the feeling when a beautiful girl is flirting or showing interest in you.
    This feeling to be desired is in my opinion better than sex itself.

Brahmacharya_UK, Rene75 and Jrmz94 like this.
  17. Nothing else according to the Bible and God. In Genesis everyone has 15 kids and 3 wives. "Be fruitful and multiply". Lot's daughters seemed to want to have sex with their father quite quickly after the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. And anyone doubting it just think about violating your sex contract in marriage, and you'll realise how unimportant sex is, when you get divorced at the drop of a hat. It's the single most important thing in life and everything begins from it. Guys are dumped just based on the size of their Johnson and their "performance" in bed. If it wasn't so important why is the highest amount of pleasure possible in the human experience sexual, and not something less animalistic, like inventing something that saves lives? We are wired to be slaves to sex in order to reproduce as much as possible. I read somewhere that a woman's climaxes are God's gift to her. Lol. I guess kids starving to death in Africa is God's gift to them right?

18. Peter.Parker10

Peter.Parker10 Fapstronaut

Feeling happy and living the life you want to live. Sex might add to that happiness, but it's just a small part of it.

The seeker likes this.
  19. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Nothing is better and everything is better.

Zachary8 and GigglingTrout like this.
    GigglingTrout likes this.