1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Day 11 checking in.

2. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

3. 50 days... heck yeah it is.

goingforit likes this.
  4. Me neither. Let's do this! (Or don't do it, that is.)

5. Glad you're here!

6. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

guys, I have a problem interacting with people, like I'm too shy and sometimes it gets awkward specially in my new work, I feel it's wrong to be the nice guy all day long and hesitate to say NO, I feel light like a leaf blown all over the place, is there any course or training I can benefit myself and become more resistant ?

goingforit, artifact and ctr like this.
  7. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Wow was yesterday a trip. I was in a super stressed out irritable mood. Some of it sleep, maybe some of it because of the PMO changes. Did exercise, and that seemed to flip a switch. Also, later, talked with my wife. At first, I was guarded and quiet, but opened up bit by bit. Listened to her, shared. It made a real difference. So often what I'm searching for is connection. PMO had as its origin a scared lonely boy looking for connection, now it has come to be such an obstacle. Anyway, changing changing. Happy to have the angrier parts of that day behind me.

goingforit and artifact like this.
  8. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Wednesday. Setting the call - I can make it through today. Step by step by step by step. All best to each of you.

9. Steveal3aneef1

I just bought it 2 weeks ago, and put in my library to read it later , I will start with this one ASAP, thanks

goingforit and colio like this.
  10. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Having a tricky time here today, so coming on here to read through a few posts and get grounded in this decision. So much of a part of my brain is trying to convince me that this isn't that big a deal, that what do I have to lose, etc., etc. Man, I hate this struggle. But it is my/our struggle, and I see how many of you are on the road with decent miles behind you, and that's inspiring. Your words, too, inspire.

goingforit and ctr like this.
  11. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

I'd recommend No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert A. Glover.

Martial likes this.
  12. I have read the rules and would like to join this group. I'm not quite thirty five but I will be on June 20th.

artifact likes this.
  13. We have the same birthday! I'm exactly 13 years ahead of you :)

Fantareality, Martial and artifact like this.
  14. Steveal3aneef1

I have read it before , but i will read it a again and commit with the activities included in the book

ctr likes this.
  15. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Setting Thursday. Marching into the day. Feeling pretty triggered, but going to take it moment to moment. Thanks all for being there.

artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  16. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Oh, just saw it's been a week! That's a little wind in the sails.

artifact likes this.
  17. Steveal3aneef1

congrats on the first week

colio and artifact like this.
  18. That's pretty cool! I've never met anyone in life or online that shares it. It annoys me when it falls on father's day, since mine has been nonexistent since I was a kid. It is World Refugee Day every year though, which is awesome.

19. Maybe try a search for "assertiveness training".

Steveal3aneef1 likes this.