1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Challenging days yesterday and today but trying to stay strong

colio, goingforit and artifact like this.
  2. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Day 6 checking in and feeling great.
    Despite some resets, it does feel like it gets easier as time goes by.

goingforit and artifact like this.
  3. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Checking in and reset (dang!):mad:Hope all well!

Rokus, NICEDUDE, ctr and 2 others like this.
  4. Like what this lady has to say about P and M. Thinking about signing up for one of her programs.

Rokus, ctr, goingforit and 2 others like this.
  5. Love this video, makes a lot of sense

artifact likes this.
  6. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Relationships can be healthy and lead to improvement for both people, but my opinion is that since you're in a period of time of personal growth, better to stay out of them while you are able. You're in the zone of self improvement and it's difficult not to be distracted or influenced once you're in a relationship. Wouldn't be the end of the world though of course so I don't think it's a big deal either way. Just my two cents. I can see how it would be hard to stay out of a relationship when something catches your eye and you're feeling good about yourself.

Also, if you are not making a move, it only makes you more wanted:)

Watched the whole thing. Liked that she said "this is a journey and not an event." Also resonated with how she said you can swap one super dopamine event with another to help with the transition off p. When I'm struggling, I reach for the sugar. Not ideal but it is some type of healthier swap since I know that I can go long periods eating very well. It's less addictive to me than p and I generally enjoy eating well.

That's cool, I think I misinterpreted your original post but I understand more. Yes, the dynamic with the woman holding control does set up an interesting situation. Good to hear that you are working through it.

Tomorrow night will be 21 days SR. Have had a few ups and downs this week, and I gave m a thought last night, but got myself straightened out before going to sleep. Have a great weekend everyone.

7. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Thanks for the shout-out, mate. The temptations were starting to hit me again recently, but I know I have to stay committed. Trying to fill my time with as many productive activities as possible, but it's still a challenge sometimes. Seems always having those goals and things to look forward to are crucial in this journey.

8. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in..

artifact, ctr and Rokus like this.
  9. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

same here bro started working with a whole career change , and guess what I'm being trained by people who are way younger than me, and it's a physical demanding job, with multiple shifts, but trust me , nofap helped me overcome my awkwardness and fear to be in a whole new environment, something has to do with SR .

artifact likes this.
  10. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Hi all, just checking in. I'm just at the early stages of a new journey of recovery. It feels so fragile at times. I've actually travelled this weekend away from home on my own, the first time in years. Triggering. There's much to write, but there's time. Today is about book-ending. A check in now and a check in at the end of the day. I hope all have a great and powerful day.

artifact likes this.
  11. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Not sure you can reply on your own. Got through the day. It's in the books. Thanks for being here. All power and worth to each of you.

ctr and artifact like this.
  12. You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

colio likes this.
  13. All good here, nice to be so present for a change

14. colio

colio Fapstronaut

@artifact Thank you so much for adding me! I'm thrilled to work toward my 30. I really appreciate it!

artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  15. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Sitting down to my Monday intention setting. First half of the bookend. It worked for me yesterday when it was a high trigger day. I set a promise/challenge to myself with myself, and it got me through some tough patches. It really is moment to moment for me. So, looking just to today. Today, I can breathe into my urges. Today, I can get past the obstacles. Thanks so much all of you for being here. Power and strength and love to each of you.

16. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

the first 2 weeks are the hardest, keep moving forward bro

goingforit, artifact and colio like this.
  17. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Closing the loop for yesterday. I'm finding it's strangely powerful to announce an intention. Sure enough urges and temptations came calling, and I felt myself stepping toward them in the hallmark ways that lead to a break the next day or day after. It was by facing down the fact that I had wanted to make it through just today, and had said as much, that had me close the tabs, step away and take a breath. Later, I'd found that time had passed and I had forgotten about it. For me, in that one moment when it feels like I'm quite simply just a broken toy and can rationalize away, if I can find the tools to catch some air, that moment can pass. Anyway, made it through. Thanks all.

artifact likes this.
  18. colio

colio Fapstronaut

Tuesday = Ti'w's Day, the day of Tyr, the old god of single combat. Just one of us facing off with himself. Here in these early days, it does feel pretty much like holding the line. I know later it will get easier. For now, announcing I can make it through today. That's what I want for myself. One more day. Wishing each of you success with your goals.

artifact likes this.
  19. colio

colio Fapstronaut

81! Excellent. Bravo man. Thanks for encouragement.

artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.