1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Batman (2022)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hammond Egger, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

When I went to see The Batman, it was love at first sight. It became one of my favorite movies of ALL TIME and it exceeded my expectations more than any movie I can remember. Boy oh boy I am absolutely in love with this movie, what a masterpiece! It's literally the only movie I've ever watched TWICE in the theaters. I just want to watch it all day long I'm seriously addicted. I just have to share my opinion on the movie because I can't contain myself anymore. That's how much I love it.

This is what I loved about the movie:

The Darkness - It's the darkest and scariest superhero movie of all time. I absolutely loved how they made it very dark and creepy. The scenes, the music, the acting, the camera shots, the actors' expressions. They all exude a dark, creepy and distressed aura! There were a few disturbing scenes that were so cool and shocked me for a superhero movie. SO AWESOME!

The Picture - Geez, the camera quality and the picture in this film is a beauty. It's just stunning to look at and it's absolutely a work of art. I will be extremely disappointed if it doesn't win best picture of the year.

The Cast - Beautifully done. Every actor nails their role and was chosen perfectly. The Riddler was awesome and a fantastic actor. He was different than the usual Riddler we know and love because he was disturbed and twisted instead of the funny Jim Carey version of Riddler. The Riddler was just epic. I loved his take on the Riddler. The Penguin WAS AWESOME and underrated. He's my favorite penguin of all time. Zoe Kravits knocked it out of the park with her performance as Cat Woman (Oh and she's insanely drop dead gorgeous which doesn't hurt as well. Delicious eye candy for sure). Falcone was perfect for the role, Jim Gordon was lovable to the max, Alfred was an awesome Alfred and Batman was EPIC, which leads me to,

THE BATMAN/Bruce Wayne - First of all, Robert Pattinson puts on the most original Batman performance we've ever seen. Instead of a confident, playboy billionaire douchebag like Batman usually is, he's a disturbed, ANGRY, distraught and depressed Bruce Wayne, which was so cool to see and a completely different take on Batman. I absolutely loved his performance and he shocked me quite honestly. Second, when he got into the Batman suit, he was my favorite Batman OF ALL TIME and here's why. When he was in the suit, you could actually FEEL his emotions. You could see exactly what he's thinking and feeling. His eyes just pierced through your soul and he just spoke a million words to us through his body language, his eyes, his voice, his walk etc. Absolutely breath taking performance while he was in the suit.

The Action/Suspense - This movie just does not give up. The very first second grabs you and you're just hooked until the last second. It's 3 hours of craziness and it doesn't get boring for 1 second. I loved every second of it and truly didn't want it to end. Usually I get bored in a movie, but this one grabs you and keeps you hooked every single second.

The Story - I've never seen a superhero movie like this story wise. To me, this should not be considered a superhero film at all. It's a psychological crime thriller! After so many years, Matt Reeves delivers a Batman who is the greatest and smartest detective in the world, and boy was it awesome. It was the brilliant detective (Batman) hunting down the serial killer psychopath (Riddler) and they nailed it. This was BY FAR the smartest Batman we've ever seen in any movie. Oh and the ending is an epic apex. Also, I loved how they made this movie a mix between crime and mafia. So cool man. It seemed like you were watching a mafia film from the 80s at some points when the Penguin and Falcone were on the screen. SICK!

The Music - One word, PERFECTION. The music in this film matches all the scenes like something I've never seen before. I absolutely loved the creepy music when the Riddler was on the screen. So stunning and goosebumps go down my spine when I recall the music in this movie.

OVERALL RATING: 10/10

Easily one of the greatest films I've ever watched and it exceeded my expectations like crazy. Beautiful masterpiece. Its now in my top 10 movies I've ever seen and could easily be in my top 5 in the near future. I can't wait for the next movie in the series!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  2. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Totally agree, The Batman is probably the most refreshing perspective we have on the character and comic book movies in years. Loved how Pattinson was more disturbed and edgier than the rest (as opposed to Bale's gung-ho and charismatic Wayne). Also really enjoyed how they made Batman a symbol of fear rather than a symbol of justice. That opening sequence and his monologue were just great. But I have to say my favourite part of the film by far was the Riddler. That dude was crazy, like actually fucking crazy. His riddles were so tedious and gripping and complex that you can't help but be engrossed in the mystery unfolding before us. Paul Dano did such a fantastic job. A minor detial that I don't see people bring up is the fact that Riddler is not that good at killing people - in the opening scene you can hear him screaming in adrenaline and struggling to land a killing blow. He seriously made the movie for me.

The Evangelist likes this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview Fapstronaut

My favorite Paul Dano performance is in There Will Be Blood. Anyone who hasn't seen that definitely should. I'll probably check out Batman now it's streaming.

4. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

I agree dude the Riddler was so awesome. He was so unique, unlike any Riddler we would ever imagine seeing. Paul Dano put on one hell of a performance.