1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

dating someone who constantly reschedules, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by SorryWontSayIt, Mar 15, 2022.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hi,

Well a few weeks ago I met a very nice girl. I told her a little later that I had a good time, and would love to meet again. She told me the same. We made plan to meet up the next week. I told her that I was going for a hike on wednesday and thursday, and she could join if she wanted. She told me then she was too busy with work, but would love to meet me next week.

Next week we made plans again to meet on tuesday. She got sick the weekend right before, and told me that she was hoping to feel well enough to meet me. She was back on work both monday and tuesday. tuesday 18:30 she wrote to me that she could not meet, because she was very tierd because she wasnt feeling to well after work. I told her her that I understand and that I hope she gets well soon. After that I did not send her any message, because I felt like she could tell me earlier on the day, that it wouldnt be a date, and I have been canceled 3 times. On saturday she texted me and asked if we could meet up, I was a bit suprised since I thougth she was not interested and thats why she delayed all our dates.

Well, so I agreed on meeting her today again. Once again, she texted me at least at 16:00 that she could not meet me today because of work. She wrote that she really would like to meet me another time.

So, here is the question. I don't really know if I wanna give her more chances. She have reschedueled me four times now. How busy can a person be? one hour or less, just a coffee is all I was asking for.

Should I keep giving her a chance? I will at least make it clear that I want my time more respected - but I will ofcourse say it in a nice way, because it can be legit reasons. I don't know...

2. Oliver Gunter

Oliver Gunter Fapstronaut

She seems to be a bit chaotic but that doesn't have to be a red flag. I think it's good that you waited for her to ask you out the 4th time.
    Since you really enjoyed the time with her I wouldn't give up on her yet but make sure to not look desperate or overly attached.

3. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks for reply!

Yeah, don't really know anymore to be honest. I will at least in a nice way let her know that I understand she may be busy, but at the same time she needs to respect my time more. I am not just here to wait for her.

4. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Sounds a bit weird. I think you could mention the fact that she has cancelled a lot of times and that you May have plans you could do instead of getting cancelled on if that is how you feel. Dont be agressive about it though and dont be a victim since she did have reasons for it outside of her control like being sick.

5. I would politely confront her with her behavior and give her a last chance.
    Showing her that my time is precious and I don't wanna be a play ball in her hands.

6. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Coach Corey Wayne has a ton of solid advice on this exact subject. Look him up.

becomingreat likes this.
  7. SorryWontSayIt

Well, little update. Today she asked if I want to grab a coffee on friday. I have accepted. If she rescheduels this time, I will make it clear to her in a nice way that I don't think things will work between us. She may be busy, there may be other reasons that I don't know about that makes her needing to reschedual. But I need to make a limit. I can't keep putting time off for one person that I don't know what is really looking for with me.

RobbyGo36, Roady and DeeJ4y like this.
  8. Oliver Gunter

9. SorryWontSayIt

Thank you! :)

And thanks to all who have replied! :)

Soon going on the date!

DeeJ4y likes this.
  10. SorryWontSayIt

Well, date is done. I had a great time, hope she had it too! I have been struggeling with a bit energy lately, for different reasons, so I hope that did not affect the date too much. Hopefully she wants to meet later.

Going to wait a day or two, just to think and maybe invite her for a third date, where we maybe can make some dinner together and watch a movie :)

Most people from what I understand wants to kiss on second date too, hope I did not fuk it up by not doing so, we gave eachother a hug tho. But she had to call her mom, which I knew before the date.

What you think guys?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  11. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Sounds good! Im glad you had a nice time. Just go with the flow

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  12. Oliver Gunter

Sounds good! Great idea for the third date with many opportunities to get closer. Definitely go for the kiss then.

13. SorryWontSayIt

Thanks! Yeah I wont wait more until i kiss her now if we go for a third date☺️ at The date yesterday i was not sure what i thougth about her, but been thinking after The date. And i do want to get to know her better. I am sure of it now. Had to figure out what i am really looking for frist.

Oliver Gunter likes this.
  14. SorryWontSayIt

Well, I am a bit back and forth guys. Would love someone elses opinion. I am not sure what I feel about her yet. We have not texted after the date which was friday. Should i give it one more try, or will it be a waste of time if I aint feelings anything yet?

We have not been big on texting in between the dates, more like only for planning

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  15. Oliver Gunter

You don't need to know that after two dates. Feelings don't always develop immediately. Keep dating her and see where it leads. Make sure to kiss her on your next date.

16. SorryWontSayIt

Thank you! :)

Well, texted her yesterday thanking her for last date and asking how it is going with her :)
    Maybe a late text since last date was last friday, but have not been feeling too well (been sick). So then its time to just wait and see what she responds :)

Oliver Gunter likes this.