1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MEN: Being Horny is a Good Thing!

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Hammond Egger, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

Here's a big secret for you guys: horniness is not a curse, it's a good thing!

The majority of men (and women) view horniness as an itch that will continue to bug them unless they give in and itch it. They think of it as a curse. They say, "Omg why am I so horny right now!? I need to get rid of it!" or "I wish I was in a flatline because my libido is way to high!" or "The urges are too strong, I have to relieve myself of them."

They don't realize that becoming horny is the whole point of semen retention and sex transmutation!

Think about it. Horniness is what gives us the energy, the drive, the motivation to go out into the world and achieve all our goals. Horniness is what FUELS us to better ourselves. You want that job you've always dreamt of? Use your energy (horniness) to go out and get it. You want to approach that beautiful girl you've been dreaming of? Use your horniness energy!

Now look at the opposite side of the coin. When you ejaculate, the horniness is gone. But guess what else is gone with it? Your energy, your motivation, your drive, your confidence, your masculinity! Without your horniness you are lifeless. You are dull. You are weak. You lack VIGOR.

The next time you get horny, tell yourself, "Wow, I love this. I feel like a real MAN! I feel so energized and confident because of this! Now, I'm going to use this energy to go out and conquer the world."

Horniness is a blessing, not a curse. Be happy every time you feel horny. Take pride in being a MAN!

2. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

You’re right but there’s a reason they call it “horny.” Who has horns? It’s simply just energy. It only becomes “horniness” when we allow our mind to lust. Our mind is what dictates how the energy is utilized. And those who “need to be relieved,” are those who allow their minds to be overcome by lust. There is no such thing as the need to ejaculate or have an orgasm. It’s a want, not a need.

3. Hammond Egger

Exactly! I couldn't have said it any better. Like you said, it's a want, not a need. You won't die if you don't ejaculate. A man who wants to "relieve" himself of feeling sexual energy is equivalent to someone wanting to relieve himself of the happiness he feels and seeks misery instead!

Horniness is a man's greatest asset. Without the sexual energy to drive him, he loses all motivation, drive, masculinity, confidence and energy.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  4. SeekingMyWay2

SeekingMyWay2 Fapstronaut

Read about POIS

La Jolla likes this.
  5. SeekingMyWay2

SeekingMyWay2 Fapstronaut

Yeah, such a good feeling when you can get laid and have hot women all around you and have a big penis but you aren't allowed to orgasm lol

6. I will remeber this perspective. Thanks!

Kieran2121 and Hammond Egger like this.
  7. That’s a good way to look at it. I could have relapsed after work today, but I used that urge I felt to workout instead.

8. Hammond Egger

Exactly brother. We should always be looking to TRANSMUTE the energy!

AsangDam, Kieran2121 and monkish like this.
  9. Hammond Egger

You make a good point, and I genuinely believe it has to do with both. When you lose semen, you lose your life force. You lose your physical vitality. You lose your energy, drive and strength.

When you orgasm, I believe you lose your mental vitality. you lose your happiness. You become sad, depressed, lonely, empty and so forth.

So I definitely think it's a combination of the two. Of course, there's no research to back up my claims but I feel like this has been true from my experiences.

10. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

There is energy lost in wet dreams.

Kieran2121 likes this.
  11. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

This is great reminder, Thanks!

Sperate and The Evangelist like this.
  12. Datdudeturtle

Datdudeturtle New Fapstronaut

I love having “horny energy” I will take that any day of the week over feeling depleted and flat and sterile to me that’s depressing

13. L@veHerB3tter

L@veHerB3tter Fapstronaut

Thats a hell of a way to look at it. Ive heard this from random people on youtube and always sort of side eyed it. Even in my denial its always made sense though. I grind harder when Im hungry. You play harder when you're down a few points. You fight harder when you feel you're at a disadvantage. Seems like we really show up when we're "pressed".

Im a couple weeks into 90 day reboot and Im having a rough time, but I realize Im going about it the wrong way. Ive been running from horny. I dont/didnt want to feel it and be burdened with it if I couldn't "use" it if that makes sense. But that was only considering using it the one way I want to. I'll try to keep this in mind and think positive. As much as I want for the obvious, I can admit im a little intrigued about this "strength" or "power" we're supposed to gain in abstinence.

14. Nice explanation

15. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Excellent point.

16. No need to label anything it is what is no pmo is golden with many benifits and that is the way it is period.

Kieran2121 likes this.
  17. La Jolla

La Jolla Fapstronaut

Thanks for this. I had never heard of this term. I had always wondered why I felt like I had a cold or the flu after I PMOd.. scratchy throat, lethargic, etc

18. La Jolla

La Jolla Fapstronaut

This is really good to know. It can take some effort to resist, but this is the way a man should normally feel, full of strength and vitality, not depleted and weak. And once you become accustomed to this "horny" feeling, you realize that you don't have to act on that urge in a sexual manner, but that you can direct that energy into being productive.

DayOne44 likes this.
  19. La Jolla

La Jolla Fapstronaut