1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic association and movement

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Are you part of any Catholic association or movement (for example Charismatic renewal, Secular Franciscan Order, Opus Dei, Communion and Liberation, etc.) in addition to normal parish practice?

If you are part of it, can you tell what group or association it is?

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I'm a member of the Light-Life Movement well known in Poland. The founder fr. Franciszek Blachnicki was a highly radical priest who was imprisoned (before he became a priest) in the death camp Auschwitz. He transformed Vatican II church teaching plus the Bible into a very practical system how to live the faith life on daily basis. I respect that priest very much and his teaching and try to go this way although I'm inspired by other ways too. The priest was so dangerous for communist rulers in Poland that he was most probably poisoned in the 1980s. One of his sayings was that a type of manifestation of love is to tell somebody the truth - especially in public.
    The official site of this movement in English:
    http://www.light-life.oaza.pl/

path2virtue and Stommy like this.
  3. pmg

pmg Fapstronaut

4. I'm not really part of any Catholic group yet, but as soon as I convert to Catholicism, I'd very much like to join the Ancient order of Hibernians.

5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am not but I am considering joining the Knights of Columbus. Until retirement, my life was one of nearly constant traveling for business. It was impossible for me to make a regular meeting - at least this is my excuse. However, I can see that I am missing out by not being part of a group of men who hold a common faith.