1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No PMO & Exercise - issues facing a skinny guy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jasonofap, Apr 11, 2021.

1. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

Hey all,

I relapsed... reboot time. I'm a skinny guy, trying to gain weight and exercise more but it causes some triggers for me lately because I'm stuck at home due to the pandemic. My PMO triggers are everywhere and exercise causes the M issues too :-( I'm wondering if it's just a skinny guy thing though or everyone has this issue?

I'm worried about a few things and am wondering your thoughts:
    1. Is anyone else in a bad situation due to the pandemic and being stuck at home with temptations? How do you handle it?
    2. Do exercises cause friction and then issues for you?
    3. Any tips on how I can avoid temptation due to covid and being stuck at home?
    4. Anyone want to just be an online friend - distraction, would be helpful!
    Thank you!

2. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

I am also a skinny guy, I'm 6 foot 2, and weigh 138 lbs on a day. I also struggle to keep my weight up. I also lift with a pair of weights I have in my room.

1. Yeah, this pandemic has sucked so bad. I've been going through a tough time because my parents made me quit my wrestling sports club because of covid concerns. The temptation is very high when you're stuck at home.
    2. It doesn't trigger me, but I sometimes find it hard to focus during exercise when I am having negative thoughts.
    3. I'm not sure where you're from/how covid is there, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Vaccinations are coming out, lots of things are re-opening. For example, I was able to go see Godzilla vs Kong in theaters with my friends the other week.

The effects of the pandemic have made nofap difficult for many. I'm not very good with advice, as I am also struggling.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  3. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm 6ft 106lbs now so i'm a pencil lol.
    Thanks for sharing and letting me know. I hope things get better for you too! What are your go-to exercises? (safe ones I mean)

4. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Bro not to shit on your sand castle but holy mary mother of christ you need to bulk if you aren't already.

5. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

LOL! I'm working on it, that's why I'm asking for advice.

6. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

My advice is to take it slow, don't get upset when the results don't happen right away. It takes a long time to change your weight. I'm happy that I was able to go from 134 to 139 the last month and a half. I'd say just eat more snacks throughout the day, and don't stress yourself out too much.

Warlo likes this.
  7. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

I was skynny , now im not, you have to train consistently and just enjoy the train , enjoy the journey until you reach a strong phisique

8. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

Thanks. I'm trying to be positive. I just can't manage to stuff in any more food haha. Any tips you have would be much appreciated :)

9. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

I run daily, and used to swim regularly too until the pools closed. I lift some weights, not heavy, but lighter ones and do aerobics, and yoga... Is that all ok?

10. PanteriMauzer

Dont run, do just weightlifting and explosion sports , lifting not heavy weights wont help you much, you need to lift weights close to your maximum

11. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

Oh my, so really heavy weights then? Won't I get a hernia or something? Haha! Sorry I'm not the best with sports and weight things but I can try. I was lifting two 10lb weights but I can lift 35lbs on each arm, so is that what I should do?

12. PanteriMauzer

Resistance sports are great for losing weight but to get more muscle mass , their bad

Ylu should try doing 10 reps of 3 sets each , with a weight that you can do that

If you do the things correctly you wont get any injury

I sugest you go see the youtube channel athleanx he is great for begginers like you

13. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

Thanks, I had a look - I think I'll start with 20lb weights instead and do the 10 reps/3 sets like you suggested. It creates a pull in my lower abs when I lift them though. Not a bad pull, I just noticed my muscles tightening a lot more and my hips are sore after doing the first couple sets so, am I doing it wrong? Sorry for the questions. I'll maybe try to sort this out on my own :p

14. PanteriMauzer

That my friend is what makes your muscle getting stronger your doing it very well, keep up!

Also make sure you have a good and balanced nutrition, with focus on protein and carbs since you want to gain weight

15. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

Ok so being vegetarian, I eat mainly veggies and fruits, this will be a challenge for sure lol.

PanteriMauzer likes this.
  16. PanteriMauzer

I eat alot of meat ahahah , but you can try some vegetarian protein

17. MattyBoi

MattyBoi New Fapstronaut

Hey mate,

Putting on weight is really over complicated by supplement companies and fitness youtubers.

All you have to do is figure out you total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) and eat more than that. It doesn't even have to be that accurate.
    The app Myfitnesspal is the simplest way to do it, you just put your height and weight and activity level in and it tells you how much to eat, and it has basically all foods saved in the system, so you just need to enter how much of what you ate. That's the hard part, now all you have to do is eat and enter the foods you eat into the app.

When it comes to putting on muscle, in the simplest terms - when you put your muscles under strain, the muscle fibers tear. The muscle fibers want to be prepared for the strain in the future and they will heal over bigger/stronger than before, adapting to the stresses you put them under. Weight training is an easy way to apply more strain to specific muscles of you body. Once your body adapts to the weight, the muscle will tear less because it is less stressful with the increased muscle. That is why you must increase weight for the muscle to keep growing bigger. Your muscles need protein to grow, because protein is the building block for muscles. Try to eat a decent amount of protein, some people say about a gram per kilo of bodyweight, others say more. You can also track this in the myfitnesspal app.

Getting bigger is just like simple mathematics, you just have to be willing to do the things required.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  18. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

This is helpful thank you. I guess that sounds scary but it's not in reality? Muscle tearing!! So did I tear my ab muscles from weight lifting and that's the pain I am feeling?

I'll try this out. Yesterday I ate 1327 calories and then I guess I exercised from that point so my total intake is maybe a bit low. I have to calculate my exercises now. This app looks really good though! Thanks!

19. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I bulked to quite a bit over the last few years, I wouldn't really recommend it if you're stuck at home. If you have a gym, by all means, but you're just going to get fat otherwise. That's the point of bulking. And I know people will recommend body-weight workouts, but those are really hard to commit to if you're not already an experienced bodybuilder. Plus, low reps high weights + bulking is one of the fastest ways to getting "bulky" muscle mass. High reps, low weights (and this actually is pretty typical of body weight exercises) will give you a leaner look.

So your best bet is honestly to wait until the gym opens, because when you have a bench and a large number of weights available, you can constantly push your limits with low reps and high weights while drinking mass gainer shakes, and you'll be big in no time.