1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

2. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 16,

A healthy and active day. The visit with my dad went very well and I feel that it was a wonderful experience for the both of us. Catching up on homework and I imagine that this week will be very active with class work and construction.

Best to you all Fellowship and thank you for the support!

3. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 213.

A rough day, but they come every now and then. I just have to learn to not react emotionally as emotion stamps that thought in. Be well, fellow warriors!

4. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

I strongly suggest you write some "better strategies" out here and share them. There's something about writing things down, as well as telling others, that helps it stick in your brain more strongly for when you need to call on them. Just saying you need better strategies won't help you next time these bad moods hit.

One easy strategy I can recommend is called "box breathing". You can do it anywhere, and no one will really notice you doing it, so it's a fantastic tool when bad emotions hit and you can't just take off for a run or cold shower. All you do is breath in for a count of four, hold your breath for four, then breathe out for four, then count to four with no air in your lungs. Repeat as long as you need (you can add or subtract numbers to coincide with what works with your lungs). This helps your mind hit the reset button and grab the reigns back from your emotional mind.

So, @LuckyMan, what are some strategies you can tell us for next time those bad moods hit?

5. @RiseToGreatness Please return my status to that of an orc.

It's been a rough NoFap month for me, not gonna lie. March started with a decent streak but I've reset three or four times in the past two weeks. I've been slipping, neither staying committed to my action plans I already have in place nor building upon them. That's going to change. On Friday we commemorate the death of our Lord and Friend Jesus Christ, a fate decreed by our sins. I want to be ready to acknowledge his glorious Resurrection on Easter with a clean heart and a steadfast spirit.

6. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Had a major urge and was edging myself to the edge of O-ing. I never want to feel this guilt and emptyness ever again.

Resetting again but never ever giving up and stay honest to yourself

Day 0 (Attempt 4).

7. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

Thanks

8. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

9. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

day 9
    Keep going, girl!
    I have the same problem that reading NoFap articles make that I think about masturbation. Because of that, I switched to check in here and reading in the mornings/afternoons from evenings. It helps because I am not falling asleep with anxiety and thinking about PMO.

10. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

That's a really good point! Thank you!

11. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Remember brother that we do not receive urges we can't handle. Believe in yourself and think in advance what is the best you can do to kill the urge next time it comes, because if you won't do it in advance you gonna be too confused and not thinking straight when it appears.

12. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Brother I think you keep falling because you keep some things or people or activities or thinking patterns in your life's environment that make you feel stressed and bad. If you manage to do a proper' spring clean' and get rid of the clutter surrounding:) you might become surprised with you new results!

13. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Just be aware of you emotional reaction because it a blessing showing you the direction you have to work towards to improve yourself. For without being aware of our wises we are doomed to stay in them forever.

14. Breakthrough!

Breakthrough! Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

Long time ago!

But i'm checking in again. Hopefully i can be of some value for you and you for me.
    This time i'm not only counting my current streak but also the days i relapse (red days) and the days i don't relapse (green days).
    More green days the better!
    I will check in everyday and maybe once a week i will write how many green days i have this month.

Let's defeat this ring one day at a time.

current streak: day 1

15. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Brother watch this for it can help you on you way.

16. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Another solid night of sleep and doing what I can to mitigate being sick. Taking it easy on myself today as sometimes I try to just push through being ill and pay for it. I have work to do, a guitar to play, and a dog to walk; for everything else, I'll rest.
    Be strong everyone, Monday's can be rough!

17. bmcmanansmith

bmcmanansmith Fapstronaut

Day 1 done, first time I've done a proper workout for months and couldn't feel better.

18. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

19. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 42 i started to reading a book, a old good habit i left behind.
    20.000 miles under the sea of Jules Verne has a good story
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021