1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

2 weeks into PMO :Benefits

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by A Naija boy, Nov 13, 2020.

1. A Naija boy

A Naija boy Fapstronaut

This is the third time am starting to do this PMO challenge since i joined this forum since 2018. The first trial i lasted like 21 days, only for me to relapse to a pic of a girl. Second trial didnt even last up to 14 days. This time, i feel am really serious about this as am on my 15th day now. But the benefits am experiencing this time is wayyyy better than i felt in my last trials. I'll list them now.

1. Ive become so energetic now.
    Back then i was overweight. I started working out in late June. Lost a ton of weight, like a lot. But i was still PMO'ing doing that time. Since i started this third trial, i noticed that am more energetic now. Like i hardly gas out. I can confidently say it's not my body or heart used to the intense workouts.

2. Confidence
    As ive lost weight, being on my 15th day of my PMO challenge, my confidence has skyrocketed. I look my self in the mirror now, and see my self as a god. Now i can walk outside my streets slowly and proudly now. Back then, people looking at me were pretty awkward to me. Even girls. Buh now, if i feel anyone looks at me, its more like a prize to me.

3. Mental Clarity
    This is my most interesting benefit ive gained, and this will be my main source of motivation in continuing this PMO challenge.
    Brain fog is real and damn messed up. Back then, i couldnt think straight, lose memory easily, always mixed up words in awkward ways.
    The worse thing about this brain fog is it made me lose confidence in my skill level of a combat game called Storm 4.
    During my addiction periods, i would lose in embarrassing fashion to my rival, 3 days in a row.
    Yesterday, as i played him, its like i saw everymove in slowmo. I made little mistakes, i could execute combos easily, and i won him, in a sweet embarrassing fashion!..lol

My main aim was to go for the 30 day challenge, but with all these benefits am gaining, in just 2 weeks into it, i might go into the 60 days or even the popular 90 days.

|Logan likes this.
  2. Envoy-ofthe-End

Envoy-ofthe-End Fapstronaut

It´s good that your trying to get rid of this addiction but I´ll have you know it´s far too early to know the real benefits. You feel good the first few weeks because your dopamine is still kind of "happy" in a sense but once it feels you´re not giving it that drug it craves it´s going to fight you hard, also known as the flatline. That´s the real test. Keep going and don´t focus so much on the days, but on improving yourself and results will come.

|Logan likes this.
  3. I can confirm this. During my longest streak, around 2-3 months ago, I felt great from around day 5-15, but the flatline came early for me compared to most people and it hit me hard. I went from feeling mentally and physically great to somewhat depressed with very little motivation and energy, I fell back into my bad eating habits and started working out less, as well as not being so productive with my schoolwork. I managed to push through the flatline for a while but ended up succumbing to it and relapsed.
    Basically what I'm tryna say is, don't expect to feel great for the remainder of your streak, the flatline will most definitely come depending on the severity of your PMO addiction and you'll need to be prepared. From what I learned, the first 10-20 days of your streak (or until the flatline arrives) is easy, the flatline is the real test. Create a plan, ready yourself, I'd recommend small lifestyle changes if you haven't made any already, such as working out regularly and eating healthy!

Goodluck man! :emoji_sunglasses:

Envoy-ofthe-End likes this.