The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

2. Musicmad

Musicmad Fapstronaut

Checking in on day 10.
    5 more days til I can cast off this cursed orc body and roam the hills of Hobbiton.

Toni7, Foton, Cucurbito and 4 others like this.
  3. 4ranger4

4ranger4 Fapstronaut

Day 5 going strong

Toni7, LuckyMan, Gef.71 and 5 others like this.
  4. Elite_Warrior

Elite_Warrior Fapstronaut

Day 27
    I'm going to cross the Ford of Bruinen, Leaving PMO force behind. The House of Elrond is in sight!
    Feeling great. :)

Toni7, LuckyMan, Gef.71 and 5 others like this.
  5. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

6. Nurdaulet

Nurdaulet Fapstronaut

day 2 in process
    Yesterday felt very tired.I think I should take a nape at the noon time.What do you think about taking coffe for energy boost?

Toni7, Teutão, LuckyMan and 5 others like this.
  7. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

If you drink coffee 8 or less hours before bed you're not going to get any sleep. Also, if you habitually drink coffee you'll quickly get to the point where it doesn't actually give you an energy boost but instead returns you to your baseline level of energy.

Toni7, Swazzy 1, Gef.71 and 3 others like this.
  8. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

:D yes, gollum is the ultimate slave of the ring. however i decided not to include gollum in the categories because 2 levels of dark forces (orcs and uruk-hais) were bad enough. and gollum is a bit of a dual character, not totally evil and surely not totally good hearted. it´s more like a victim of the ring. so i decide to exclude him from the challenge.

however he is still part of the Middle Earth Chronicles, as you will find out by doing the reboot and following the story ;)

Toni7, Swazzy 1, LuckyMan and 3 others like this.
  9. RiseToGreatness

Welcome to Bree brother. Stay at the Inn ;)

dia 20 - bree 1.gif

Toni7, Swazzy 1, Gef.71 and 3 others like this.
  10. RiseToGreatness

Amazing brother. Your boat has shored on the banks of Amon Hen. Congratulations, you´re a Warrior now!!!!

day 70 - amon hen.jpg
    amon hen (2).jpg

Keep fighting my brother!! Here comes PMO!!!!

amon hen 4.gif

Toni7, Swazzy 1, LuckyMan and 5 others like this.
  11. RiseToGreatness

tolkien.jpg

Ciceron, Swazzy 1, Gef.71 and 4 others like this.
  12. RiseToGreatness

Excellent brother. Proud of you!!! :)

frodo 2.gif

Time to leave home to the Ends of the World. Good luck my brother!!! Godspeed!!!!

day 15 - hobbiton.jpg

Mount_doom.png

Toni7, Swazzy 1, LuckyMan and 6 others like this.
  13. RiseToGreatness

Wise decision brother ;). Welcome back :)

old friends.gif

Toni7, Swazzy 1, LuckyMan and 4 others like this.
  14. RiseToGreatness

PMO was at your tail but you boarded the Ferry safe and sound. Keep going brother!!!

day 18.gif

Toni7, Swazzy 1, Teutão and 5 others like this.
  15. RiseToGreatness

well, coffee is a bit double edged substance. you got to experiment the effects it has on you. coffee can boost your energy but it can also increases anxiety and cause sleeping problems. it´s up to you to know how much is enough. i can only take 1 coffee per day. more than that, i will become a nervous wreck :D

Toni7, Swazzy 1, LuckyMan and 5 others like this.
  16. RiseToGreatness

One more day heading South my brothers.

Brothers, on the last days i´ve been struggling with lot´s of urges as you know, consequence of my peaking on last Saturday.

Yesterday i face a new challenge, i face lot of urges and temptations from triggers that i thought they didn´t have power on me for months.

Since aproximately day 80, i revised my triggers prevention system and remove some triggers that i consider were obsolete by now, this means i believe they didn´t affect me anymore.

But after my drift on Saturday all those old triggers surface again, and yesterday, because i was off guard, one of those triggers try to pull me down.

The trigger was: don´t be “home alone with eletronic devices more than 1 hour”.

Like i said, in the recent past i delete this trigger from my plan because i felt very solid. So i could easily be home alone the entire day and couldn´t care less for PMO. But now i feel fragile and this trigger appear again yesterday since i had to be home alone in telework.

I was completely off guard and felt a very strong urge to watch lust. I totally entered auto pilot and even start opening windows. Luckly i had to reply to an email from work and that shift my attention a couple of minutes. When i finish the email my mind was already a bit off PMO. So i used that cool breeze and start doing other stuff, eventually without thinking, i take off all eletronic things out the house, laptop, mobile, whatever. I put them in the car, close the car doors and put the key in a very hard place to get in the house.

I resume my activities and some time later my wife and kids returned to the house. battle won

I just want to say that once you start sliding, triggers that you believe were dead, will come back very fast. And some triggers you might even forget which one they were. So my advice is: don´t delete any trigger from your triggers prevention system until a full reboot is done.

The brain needs 18 to 24 months to do a full reboot. This means that during this time, we are still addicts, we are still vulnerable to our triggers to some extent. So don´t soften your guard brothers. keep maximum protection 24/7, no matter how many weeks/months you are sober.

Keep vigilance, better be safe than to fall on face.

Have a great day :)

Ciceron, Toni7, Swazzy 1 and 9 others like this.
  17. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

I made it! Both through that rough patch, and another one this morning. I'm an Uruk-Hai now :D (well, this evening anyway)