1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

In Need of Spiritual Advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by KeenEye, May 19, 2015.

1. KeenEye

KeenEye Fapstronaut

Thank you, and I hope you keep pushing forward in your nofap journey. by the way it would never have been preaching as I was asking for 'spiritual advice'.

How did you solve your depression??

2. KeenEye

KeenEye Fapstronaut

Thank you for your suggestion TouchTheOtherSide! your advice is very similar to the techniques that I know of that is designed for such things, in fact it's the same. Yes this unwelcome force is acting through me and it constantly needs my attention and negative feelings. I know that I could starve it by being non-judgemental and aware. Observe it to show that it's not me. My problem lately with dealing with it was that I would just watch it and keep making myself ready to deal with it, without thinking of the positive alternatives that I want to replace it with. I would observe it then do nothing, while I should rather observe it and do something else.
    But now I know that my last relapses were the primary causes of my suffering so much lately. My last relapses and binges don't make sense! Last night just like my relapse on my 22nd day, I was woken and I was overwhelmed by a desire to fantasize and MO. I MO'ed 3 times!!! last night I wanted to cry but couldn't because I was too zombified. It is the only hell I can imagine now. PMO really is the worst thing that can happen to me. I honestly don't know what else to do to overcome PMO. Waking up in the middle of my sleep and masturbating like a lunatic, how do you prevent that? I've thought about suicide or cutting my penis off as the only real solution to overcoming PMO, but the second one depraves me of health and for the first one I need desperation for that, and I would need to be very inconsiderate to my surroundings.

3. Seeker19

Seeker19 Fapstronaut

I read all the previous comments and i cant tell you stuff like that. Im not that wise, I'm not that wise.
    I just know some stuff from my experience, i can tell you that.

First of all, please do not consider suicide or cutting your penis off.
    Both arent solutions considering your spirirual yearning.
    Suicide is stupid, not for obvious reasons, but because you run away from your problems and kill yourself, which brings upon you serious karmic circumstances, which you have to finish off in another human birth which you'll God knows when. (I may not have proof of reincarnation and stuff, im just saying). Its better to strongly hold your ground and experience these problems of life so that you can deplete your past karma balance, especially if you're aiming for Realization.

The second one, cutting off your penis, is even more stupid, not just because of how horrifying it may be, because lust exists in the mind, and not in a sense-organ. You will not be free of sexual thoughts or fantasies even if you get rid of your organ.
    If God meant for you to cut your organ off, why were you born with it in the first place?
    However dumb that question may be, understand that just not PMO'ing or simply abstaining is not recovery.
    Lust can never be eradicated, however i wish it could be.
    It can only be sublimated.
    That is your journey to find out for yourself, if you are serious about your spiritual path.

Coming to the main point.
    Again, i dont know a lot like the others here.
    All i can say is Satan or the Devil or the Entity you speak about is just your negative impulses. Your samskārās.
    Thats all. It has no personality. It has no name or form.
    Just look at it like a naughty child.
    Scolding it or running behind it wont work.
    Simply observe it, without judging.
    Dont drown yourself in pity when you relapse. Not because it happens to everyone and all.
    But because lust is normal, it is an instinct.
    How can you expect it to not take over you if you're not sublimating it?
    So dont worry.

To clarify, till the last week or so, i used to strongly believe that lust could be eradicated an all. If you read my journal, you can see it clearly.
    I met a holy man, who completely changed my outlook.

Anyway, this "voice" is in everyone, sometimes like in your case, it gets louder and stronger thats all.
    Ignore it.
    Trust me when i say this.
    Pray to God, do japa, sing devotional songs, meet some monks or holy men if you can find any there and spend some time in their company, fast for a day, maintain complete and full silence for an hour or two, go for a walk and all.
    Negative impulses should be counteracted by higher, divine thoughts.

Dont be afraid of it. It is not an entity as such. How can there be an entity when everything is the Lord?
    "Sarvam Khalvidam Brahma"
    "Everything is pervaded by Brahman"

Have faith in the Lord's love for you and that He will protect you against all that you consider evil.
    I say this because there is no evil, in reality.
    Darkness is only the absence of light.
    Similarly, evil and good is only relative - according to our likes and dislikes, rāga-dveśās, we see good and evil, black and white.
    In Truth, all is Him. Every impulse to act every second, comes from Him alone.
    As Swami Vivekananda rightly said,
    (Im paraphrasing)
    "Give up all to Him and say to yourself 'Whatever the thing, good, bad or indifferent, i do not care for it. I sacrifice all unto Thee.
    In search of wealth in this world, Thou art the only wealth i have found.
    In search of someone to be loved, Thou art the only Beloved i have found'
    Sacrifice this seeming self, day and night, until it gets into the blood, nerves and brain.
    Go then into the din of the battlefield, and you shall find yourself to be at peace, perfect peace, with yourself."

You may not believe,
    (i may get a lot of criticism for this, but i dont care,Divine Mother takes care of everything)
    If you really feel like PMO'ing or whatever, fully know it, be aware of it, dont ignore it, dont fight it, dont accept it.
    But if you find you cant control it, offer the act of M to the God and go ahead and do it, all the while not losing your awareness.
    Throw away from your mind the hate for PMO. That is a hindrance in itself.
    For beginners, that hate is very necessary.
    But later it must go.
    There should be zero guit after the act.

Talk openly to the Lord.
    Remember that the dualities of good and bad only exist in our mind.
    For Him, everything is One.

Tell Him about this voice in your head.
    Ask Him what to do.
    Guidance will come.
    Peace will come.
    Purity will come.

Dont forget to start including japa (repetition of any one holy name - a short one line prayer towards any one holy personality).
    Remember than we cannot conceive of a thing without a name and without a form.
    Therefore in the beginning we need a nāma-rūpa, a Name and Form, to pour all our devotion and love to.
    It is true that the Reality is beyond name and form, but realizing God in his Absolute, is not something we can understand now.
    For now we need the Name and Form.

Pray for Love and Devotion.
    God bless you.
    Take care.
    Out of the millions, May you be one who truly seeks God.

(I dont know if i have completed my point or answered my question, i simply typed stuff. We are only instruments out His will)

Moxie and KeenEye like this.
  4. KeenEye

KeenEye Fapstronaut

Seeker19 Thank you for reading the whole thread and giving such a good response. I agree that "Everything is pervaded by Brahman".
    I know that the consciousness within us pervades all, and it is our most divine quality. I know that cutting my penis off is stupid, and suicide is not very much an option. As you can see, I get so low and desperate for an to the PMO cycle that I prefer I was dead or had no penis. Other times, I feel good-great most of the time.
    I see your point about consciously PMO'ing. Today I talked to a friend of mine who's also trying to quit PMO. He said that we could set days on which we can consciously PMO so we would gain control over it. I could relate to your suggestion in that the MO'er is doing it consciously. But I said to him that PMO is not done consciously. Doing it consciously would not make the impulse to do it go away. I don't hate PMO, as hatred is poison, though I hate what comes after you PMO. I know that taking it so seriously can set you on an endless cycle of PMOing and suffering. The last PMO I did I was not tense about it.
    If we kill the impulse to PMO by having responded to urges 5-6 times rather than MO'ing, we can be immune to PMOing, as things become a choice rather than unconscious action.

Seeker19 likes this.
  5. Seeker19

Seeker19 Fapstronaut

Thats all there is to it :)
    All the best.

6. KeenEye

KeenEye Fapstronaut

to you also, brother!

7. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

There are two ways of looking a it depending on how you perceive your problem to be.

If that inner voice could be described as an internal "entity", since it lives inside your head, but that is some external thing that you cannot control and pops up randomly, then the solution is to pay no attention to it. For example, if I were to do a good deed and I heard "you're worthless bla bla..." then I could just tell "it": "f*ck off, I'm going to do it anyways, this is much better". It would not have any power over me because I control my behavior and it will eventually fade away.

On the other hand, if that voice is also an internal "entity" but it is something that controls your mood and really keeps you from doing the things you want, then it is not an entity. It is your inner self. It is your gut feeling that at some level is controlling your behavior because there is some friction.

If the friction is created by your beliefs, check out if your beliefs have room for improvement in the great scheme of your high-level values. You can improve those beliefs by educating yourself in specific areas where you feel the most friction. Your thoughts create your reality so it's stupid to choose wrong thoughts and beliefs.

If the friction is caused by your high-level values, then in this case you may have to consider shifting those values strongly to "the love-bright side" or, on the other hand, to "the fear-dark side". Check out this post. It's not popular to shift to fear-based values, and I actually don't recommend it, I recommend "the love-bright side" but that's not my turf and I just want to give you some perspective. So I hope this gives you clarity.