1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Horrible

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by PSC15, Apr 15, 2020.

1. PSC15

PSC15 Fapstronaut

I am unable to control urges even after distracting myself in doing something. I am not exercising daily but I am doing exercise 3-4 days a week. Last night was just terrible I was almost thinking of relapsing to p and m. But I took a sleeping pill and went to sleep. My urges get very high from morning 11am-4pm as it is the most boring part for me atleast. Please give some suggestions so I don't get these urges.

2. Hi there! My urges seem to come mainly in the morning when I wake up but after that they go for the rest of the day usually. I deleted all social media, stop playing video games, reduced tv usage massively. I now listen to podcasts, read, take cold showers, and meditate twice per day. These are all stuff I’ve found to be very useful and to reduce the amount of triggers you will see massively. Good luck!

3. PSC15

PSC15 Fapstronaut

Thank You for the reply, I have one doubt though, will meditation help in reducing these strong urges

Caliami14 likes this.
  4. I didn’t think meditation would be that useful before really but since I’ve been doing it, the urges aren’t as bad, I’m calmer and in a better mood. To stop the urges massively though, I’d advise removing social media if you haven’t already. This helped me massively! Cold showers can help take your mind off of the urge as well.

5. PSC15

PSC15 Fapstronaut

I have not been using social media from the past 15 months or so, and for cold showers I am not able to take it but I am using lukewarm water when taking bath

Caliami14 likes this.
  6. Yeah it’s just finding different things really which suit you. I’d definitely recommend meditation though even if you just try it for a week. Then you can see whether or not it’s helping you!

7. PSC15

PSC15 Fapstronaut

Ok Thank You for the reply

Caliami14 likes this.
  8. I have had pretty strong urges too. I think it's extremely tough during quarantine. One of the things I have been doing whenever I get really strong urges is come back here and help other people. I hope this helps.

9. PSC15

PSC15 Fapstronaut

Thank You for the reply, I am extremely scared of relapsing because there is absolutely nothing happening as of now (due to lockdown).

10. No bro, there is lots to do. You just have to really think. Double the amount of time you do regular task so you can be more mindful and careful with yourself. For example, I usually just shave my facial hair and comb my hair in the morning. Now, I have become aware that my scalp is really dry in the morning so to combat this I use oil and hair gel. This way I became aware of a problem that I have always had and now have a solution for it. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

11. PSC15

PSC15 Fapstronaut

I actually relapsed on day 153 and the problem is I watched p and did m like mad for 3 continuous days. Is it a complete relapse and should I again reset my counter. Currently I m again 4 days clean

12. It is just that, a feeling. It is easy to equate feelings with truth but they are just temporarily. Maybe have a few mental reminders like this one: " This too will pass". Pain is really just blessings in disguise. Explore it. Learn from it.